Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuk silicone

Default Nuk silicone

Does anyone know if a nuk 5 or whatever they are calling it these days is available in silicone? I think the latex is irritating my lip. I see pacifiers r us has the teats but I haven't gotten a reply to my email to him if they are available in a regular guard. I don't want a little guard because they are smaller than a regular medic pro guard. If there were bigger ones that would be ok. Does anyone have any info?

Nuk 5's are only in latex and I've heard no rumors of nuk producing them in silicone. The ones at pacifiers r us are made by pacifiers r us and are not made by any "real" pacifier company. But Pamperchu seems to like them, though he was given them to review too.

I don't know if they're actually NUK...I think NUK only makes the size 5 in latex. I've no idea where pacifiersrus gets te silicone ones or the size 7's, either.

Quote Originally Posted by bbbabsie View Post
    I don't know if they're actually NUK...I think NUK only makes the size 5 in latex. I've no idea where pacifiersrus gets te silicone ones or the size 7's, either.
    Nuk does *not* make silicone teats for Nuk 5's.

Pacifiers R Us *makes* the silicone ones and the size 7's.

So is Pacifiers R Us the only source for adult size pacifiers made with silicone?

Quote Originally Posted by someguy26 View Post
    So is Pacifiers R Us the only source for adult size pacifiers made with silicone?
    Pretty much...I don't know of anyplace else.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy26 View Post
    yeah pretty much. I do prefer latex though because that was all we had when I was growing up. All bottle nipples were latex. Pacifiers I never got to have... So I love my nuk 5 paci very much and it is very nostalgic!

the silicone teats at PacifiersRUs are shaped and sized exactly like the Nuk5. You can get them on any of the guards they offer. If you look at the "build you own" section, each guard has measurements. I got a latex one recently with a large guard. It's only the premade section that's all small guards.

Default Nuk silicone

Only thing is I really don't want to spend $50 on a bink!

I was sort of balking at the price myself, but I like some of the designs on the mouth guards a LOT more than, say, just a plain Tigger/Pooh shield that I can get 3 of for around the price of a PRU "NUK5" silicone paci. Me, I'm attracted to bright colours (could be the autism/Asperger syndrome diagnoses kicking in here).....but I'm pretty sure I have a small mouth, and come to think of it I hope a NUK5 would not choke me!