Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about AB "ages"

Default Question about AB "ages"

There's been a lot of threads on here about "what age do you play", and it seems that a lot of people have a settled age that they like to play (and have a "consistent" experience because of that).

I've never been able to settle on an age - For example I would generally describe myself as an older AB (AK) in terms of things I like to do (like cartoons, Lego, coloring, etc), but I also adore my paci and onesie which are definitely a little baby thing.

It doesn't particularly bother me, but I wondered if other people have the same (using the word loosely) "confusion" over how they play AB?

FairyCakes

When regressed, my vocabulary is that of a 5-6 year old, my dependence on my caregiver is around the age of 3-4, as well as my supposed cognitive abilities, but I like being called "2"... I call an AB's age "the ideal age" because they want to be considered with that, though things may not match up. For another example, take your case. an AK with babyish items. Pick an AK age and there you go. Ideal age. Pulled from all different developmental levels =) It makes you special because nobody on Earth will have the same ideal age as you do. The number may be the same, but the developmental abilities and limitations will likely be different <3

It's not unknown for want of a better word to effectively cross over ages in role play although I'd say in RL as a child I also did although that may have had something to do with my developmental and learning disabilities! I obviously can't talk about the AB experience in ageplay but certainly as far as stuff around adult kid or in my instance adult little girl goes I'm more with just going with things as you yourself feel comfortable with emotionally so for me although I may play 10 thru 12, sometimes I'm around the 6-8 mark where the situation 'switches on' that part of me. I've learned to feel comfortable with that fluidity.
    I wouldn't suggest anyone gets hung up around this side of ageplay at all.
    Last edited by JoanneChan; 08-Aug-2012 at 08:33.

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    There's been a lot of threads on here about "what age do you play", and it seems that a lot of people have a settled age that they like to play (and have a "consistent" experience because of that).

I've never been able to settle on an age - For example I would generally describe myself as an older AB (AK) in terms of things I like to do (like cartoons, Lego, coloring, etc), but I also adore my paci and onesie which are definitely a little baby thing.

It doesn't particularly bother me, but I wondered if other people have the same (using the word loosely) "confusion" over how they play AB?
    Actually from what you say you sound like a toddler to me... some are not always potty trained and don't always wear trainers.. so you can be a toddler. Toddlers color too and play with stuff that babies can't but still play with baby stuff too. So in a sense you are a toddler like me!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnBabygurl View Post
    Actually from what you say you sound like a toddler to me... some are not always potty trained and don't always wear trainers.. so you can be a toddler. Toddlers color too and play with stuff that babies can't but still play with baby stuff too. So in a sense you are a toddler like me!
    i consider myself as a little age range between three and five.i like the abstuff that babies need but want my indipendance like a toddler would. but not ready to grow up too fast.
    Last edited by Nihlus; 08-Aug-2012 at 17:42. Reason: Removed automerged double post

I consider myself between 3-6, not an infant but still young at the age I can talk.

yes I'm happy being about 4 yrs old when you can talk, walk, decide what to do etc. but still get put in nappies for bedtime.

Regressing for me really depends on how I'm feeling. The key is, when I feel like this I feel little, vulnerable, cute, and always in need of cuddles. It's hard to put an age on it....actually I think it depends on my surroundings. if I'm out an about I probably Feel most like a toddler, but when I'm cuddled up in bed in a diaper, I really do start feeling like a baby.. i just respond to how i feel at the time. if Im planning to have some AB time though, I tend to aim for some baby time...I guess that's where I feel happiest.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyCakes View Post
    When regressed, my vocabulary is that of a 5-6 year old, my dependence on my caregiver is around the age of 3-4, as well as my supposed cognitive abilities, but I like being called "2"... I call an AB's age "the ideal age" because they want to be considered with that, though things may not match up. For another example, take your case. an AK with babyish items. Pick an AK age and there you go. Ideal age. Pulled from all different developmental levels =) It makes you special because nobody on Earth will have the same ideal age as you do. The number may be the same, but the developmental abilities and limitations will likely be different <3
    With all the variation in real 2-5-year-olds what you're talking about could be a real kid. Someone who is, say, 3 1/2 and has the vocabulary of a six-year-old but wets his pants most of the time or is still in diapers due to resistance to potty training or just not being physically ready for it. It wouldn't be that unusual for that child to still like toddler items like a binky or a blankie.
    Last edited by Nihlus; 08-Aug-2012 at 17:42. Reason: Removed automerged double post

BigC300

My regressed age must be six to eighteen months laying in my crib helplessly having my diaper changed and being regularly breast fed.