Thread: Cloth in the UK

Default Cloth in the UK

Hey all

I'm after some cloth nappies in the UK and wondered if anybody could recommend some?

Drydayz/Cuddlz do cloth. I've never actually bought any because I've no intention of dealing with that much laundry (I live in Manchester - I'd never be able to get them dry) but the company has a good reputation, from what I gather. or Cuddlz

I can't speak for cloth diapers sold in the U.k., but I do wear cloth, and I would recommend getting pre-fold diapers. I prefer gauze, night weight. They're thick and hold a lot. Pre-folds are a lot easier to put on. The easiest way is to just pin the corners. Some buy them a little larger and fold the front and part of the sides. Remember that you will need plastic pants.

Have you checked with Mummy Hazel for reasonably priced Nappies?

the simplest and cheapest (and bestest, in terms of quality and absorbtion) is to buy hotel grade terry towelling bath towels, from Dunelm (buy one, cut in half: 2 nappies). also, of course, Dunelm have almost everything you'll need for making plastic pants, should you wish.

Reusable incontinence pants, incontinence pads and waterproof plastic pants, for children, teenagers and adults. , have a 'bedwetting nappy' that i can recommend (with booster, as the terry towelling is of a low quality, as it is with all inco nappies), plus all the usual, including large pins. if you want, you can also try mini-bungees for afixing your nappies (available from anywhere that sells hardware or household and fancy goods); simply sharpen the end of the hook and afix from the inside of the nappy (so the sharp bit is pointing away from you).

i also recommend 'frost protection fleece' (bought on a roll and cut to size) for nappy liners. wash before use (to soften) and they're even better doubled, for a super-silky feel as you move.

i can't recommend the american style nappies, but i can recommend Gary plastic pants, available on ebay from shop4pvc and particularly the white .007, as i bought,
    Coloured Adult Pull On Waterproof PVC Plastic Baby Diaper Vinyl Nappy Pants | eBay
    and buy over-sized, of course (or by the leg measurements alone).