Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Bolt won the 100 meters, what is your sport?

Default So Bolt won the 100 meters, what is your sport?

So... Bolt won the 100 meters yesterday, and won the 100 meters 4 years ago. Quite the accomplishment and what a race, I absolutely loved it! Of course he is one of the most high-profile athletes during the Olympics, but all athletes accomplish great things, some perhaps greater than others!

So I was wondering what your athletic accomplishments are? Any sport really, from egg-spoon racing to proper pro sports.

I am not a big sportsman these days, but I did pretty well when I was younger. No olympic level for me, but I was a decent athlete, mainly at the throwing-events (Javelin, discus) and I did well in in sub-national competitions. In my early teens I did judo for a while and became regional champion in that. Nowadays I don't do much sports, I tore my achilles-tendon when I was 22 and it never healed properly. I still cycle a lot and I can keep a decent speed for a long time and I simply love the feeling of cycling, but I don't do anything competitively anymore.

I was a sprinter in school. 100m, 200m and 400m. The 200m was my best and favourite event. I represented my school in the county championships in that event when I was 14 and came third, which was pretty good considering I'm really not a sporting person generally. Nowadays my old and creaky joints wouldn't let me do sports even if I wanted to.

I was confused at first, because I thought you meant our Bolt :P

I was an okay swimmer and cross country runner in high school, though by no means great or anything. Let's just say at least I tended not to finish last

I played men's league softball and went up against a team made up of the coaching staff from The Hillcats, the A team for the Pittsburgh Pirates, at the time. I played 2nd base.

Mountain biker myself. I'm not too bad either, placing in my category in all the races I've done.

in school I was part of the rugby & hockey teams, outside of that i do Tae-Kwon-Do (i've won a gold medal in hand & foot destruction, patterns, full contact sparring, semi contact sparring & Bo Staff patterns at the british championships) , cani-cross (normally finsh around sixth), Windsurfing & i'm taking up shooting in the next few weeks

rip curl pro surfing

silver medalist (Best All-rounder) at the 2012 Diaper Wearing World Championships (a competition somewhat overshadowed by the Ol' Limpy Hicks).

other than that, various marital arts (inc. comp level kick-boxing), rugby union at school (also did quite well in school athletics, despite my size - still got my certificate!), kayaking, free-climbing, other stuff and i was starting out in snowboarding when i got injured at work and haven't been able to do bugger-all, since.

I'm a swimmer. Although the Olympian's times are a bit less than half my times usually...