Thread: That 'Wow, I can't believe I didn't realize that sooner' Thread

Red face That 'Wow, I can't believe I didn't realize that sooner' Thread

So, I was playing Dawn of War the other day, when facing an Eldar Harliquen, when my brain made a connection I probably should have made ages ago. I somehow only just made a connection between a Harliquen, and the Batman villian Harley Quinn. Somehow, that reference went over my head all these years.

So I invite you, fellow ADISC-ers to share your similar moments of 'Wow, I can't believe I didn't realize that sooner'.

Wherever You Will Go by The Calling is about a loved one dying. I just thought it was about love. My fiancee told me otherwise a week ago. I've loved this song for at least a decade.

The Calling - Wherever You Will Go - YouTube

It was just recently, maybe 8 months ago I realized Liam Neeson played Quo gon gin in star wars and even worse about 3 months ago I realized Samuel L. Jackson played Mace Windo.

Something else I recently caught onto was in the movie Dark Knight when Christian Bale is being shown his new batsuit by Morgan Freeman, Freeman tells Bale that his suit should hold up fine against cats. Foreshadowing toward the Dark Knight Rises and Catwoman.

Nothing else really comes to mind right away of other stuff I have overlooked. I know there is more though.

It was only about a year ago when I realized that the area "Diagon Alley" from the Harry Potter series is just the word "Diagonally" split into to. Also, just recently, I realized that the reason that Coke, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, and root beer are listed on the buttons on the face of those soda lids is because they all look the same; the buttons are used so people can tell them apart.

About 1q0 days ago, I realized that the X on railroad crossing signs were symbolizing the "crossing." I felt stupid....

I was probably in my late teens when I learned that the voice of Darth Vader was actually done by James Earl Jones. He also was the voice of Mufasa in the Lion King