Thread: Trying something new - Abena Abri-Flex Special pull-ups

Default Trying something new - Abena Abri-Flex Special pull-ups

Well, I recently decided to add something new to my stash: a bag of Abena Abri-Flex "Special" pull-ups. These are their boxer-like pull-up, which I see mentioned here once in a great while.

I just opened the package this moment, haven't even put one on yet, so my impressions are limited to one good point, and one bad point:

Good: they're soft. REALLY soft. Something comfortable that won't drive me crazy wearing during the day.
    Bad: they're expensive. REALLY expensive. I paid nearly $40 for one bag of 18. Definitely can't make these a regular part of my experience.

Anyone else tried these?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	special.jpg 
Views:	2536 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	13576  

Nope, but Ive herd good things about them.
    give us a review wen ur done with em.

Well, I wore one to bed last night. Very comfortable, as is to be expected. Absorbency is good for a pull-up - it took two good-sized wettings with no leaks. My sheet protector got a bit damp after the third time, and a fourth use while standing in the bathroom kind of pushed things over the edge.

Overall, a nice one for wearing around the house during the day, but certainly not worth over $2 a piece.

They are hard to find in the US, and I have only ever seen them from a german company. I have wanted to try them but the cost is a big problem for me right now. Are they really shapped like boxer-briefs? They don't really look like it in the picture. Are there any advantages that you can see in that shape versus the normal brief style shape? Do they even have leak guards?

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1776 View Post
    They are hard to find in the US, and I have only ever seen them from a german company. I have wanted to try them but the cost is a big problem for me right now. Are they really shapped like boxer-briefs? They don't really look like it in the picture. Are there any advantages that you can see in that shape versus the normal brief style shape? Do they even have leak guards?
    They have some extra material along the sides - they aren't really like boxers per se, but they do look different from regular pull-ups. They do have leak guards, though they aren't quite as tall as I'd like them to be.