Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adult Diapers

Default Adult Diapers

Why can't I get enough courage to just go into CVS and buy the adult diapers? The only reason I can think of is that I go there alot and that the cashiers might notice me if I were to go back with my parents. However, what are the odds that they will remember me or that they will actually remember me? And if they were to remember me, they wouldn't actually say anything do you think? Please somebody reassure me of this and help me get the courage to finally buy something other than baby diapers in the self checkout at the grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by garnetandblack2107 View Post
    Why can't I get enough courage to just go into CVS and buy the adult diapers? The only reason I can think of is that I go there alot and that the cashiers might notice me if I were to go back with my parents. However, what are the odds that they will remember me or that they will actually remember me? And if they were to remember me, they wouldn't actually say anything do you think? Please somebody reassure me of this and help me get the courage to finally buy something other than baby diapers in the self checkout at the grocery store.
    They probably won't remember you, unless you go in all the time, and they won't remember or mention what you bought.

If anything, I think the cashiers would have to hold confidentiality. They could get into trouble for getting too involved with customers.

Honeywell6180

I think the only time you'd have to worry is if you live in a rural or smaller community where everyone kind of knows one another. If the store employees were to always see you and your parents shopping there and knew you as regular customers, possibly one may slip and say something next time they saw one of your parents, with or without you present. If it's a busy shopping area and the employees really don't know either you or your parents, I'd say you're pretty reasonably safe.

You bring up a good point, however! That's exactly why I bought my Underjams last week at a Rite-Aid we usually don't frequent. The one closer to us many times has the same two cashiers on duty when my wife and I shop there. They know us pretty well by sight and chat a little with us while checking out, so I wasn't going to chance buying them there and later have the beans accidentally spilled next time my wife shopped there.

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    I think the only time you'd have to worry is if you live in a rural or smaller community where everyone kind of knows one another. If the store employees were to always see you and your parents shopping there and knew you as regular customers, possibly one may slip and say something next time they saw one of your parents, with or without you present. If it's a busy shopping area and the employees really don't know either you or your parents, I'd say you're pretty reasonably safe.

You bring up a good point, however! That's exactly why I bought my Underjams last week at a Rite-Aid we usually don't frequent. The one closer to us many times has the same two cashiers on duty when my wife and I shop there. They know us pretty well by sight and chat a little with us while checking out, so I wasn't going to chance buying them there and later have the beans accidentally spilled next time my wife shopped there.

~Pramrider
    I could go to the Rite Aid across the street b/c we never go there however it is across a main street and I don't to cross it b/c the only time I can go is when traffic is really bad b/c everyone is getting out of school. Also which diapers would fit me well and not be too big on me as I am about 5' 2" with a 29" waist?

Quote Originally Posted by garnetandblack2107 View Post
    Also which diapers would fit me well and not be too big on me as I am about 5' 2" with a 29" waist?
    The only two I've tried would fit you well - the pullup types - Underjams and Goodnites. They fit my 32" waist snugly, but still did fit. The Underjams would fit you better than me because after several hours they overstretched on the sides. I'm sure others will chime in with additional brands you could try.

~Pramrider

I know its hard the first time you buy adult diapers at the store. Try to remember that no one cares what you are buying and the cashiers will assume they are for a grandparent or something. The first few times you buy in public will be a big rush.

I just can't wait until I get my driver's license so I don't have to worry about all of this stuff.

From a former cashier at Eckerd's (which is now Rite-Aid) they are NOT going to discuss your purchases with anyone else. And honestly, they don't care what you're buying - they sell adult diapers all day long.

Just adding another question to this, does anyone know if CVS sells plastic pants?