Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not-So-Expensive Plushies

CrinklySiren

Default Not-So-Expensive Plushies

Does anyone know where I can get some My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic plushies, I just got into the show for the first time and I'm obsessed, goodbye carebears hello MLP lol

If not, does anyone know where I can get some decently sized plushies for not so damn expensive lol, because toys r us and babies r us and buybuy baby have some but holy HELL are they expensive, and they're not even that big!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1ObsoleteBaby View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get some My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic plushies, I just got into the show for the first time and I'm obsessed, goodbye carebears hello MLP lol

If not, does anyone know where I can get some decently sized plushies for not so damn expensive lol, because toys r us and babies r us and buybuy baby have some but holy HELL are they expensive, and they're not even that big!!
    Not sure if you have a problem with second hand stores. Some people do and others don't, but see if you have any Salvation Army, GoodWill or ARC stores in your area. You could also try ebay or craigslist and the last and final option you have is to wait for a weekend and find garage sales.

CrinklySiren

Lol ive tried Ebay, people are GREEDY !! lol nah they're really expensive on ebay, cuz they are mostly custom made :P, i havent tried craigslist though

Garage sales are non existent in Miami :P lol got a bunch of hispanic hoarders down here lol I will try goodwill though, last time I went though there werent many options in the plushie department lol

Lol ive tried Ebay, people are GREEDY !! lol nah they're really expensive on ebay, cuz they are mostly custom made :P, i havent tried craigslist though

Garage sales are non existent in Miami :P lol got a bunch of hispanic hoarders down here lol I will try goodwill though, last time I went though there werent many options in the plushie department lol
    Ebay can be alright, I just bought a plushie for $19 including shipping and it was cheaper than buying it from the store

In my area Walgreen's generally has the best selection for the lowest price. CVS sometimes has things too.

What sort of price range are we looking at here? Expensive is a bit of a general term.

pamperchu

Thrift stores like Goodwill have lots of stuffed animals that need new homes. Most selling for about $2.99

A common complaint I see in the brony community.

The official plushies are apparently terrible, and not show-accurate. So while yes, you can find them at a decent price in stores, they don't actually look like MLP plushies. That leaves only custom ones... and the materials alone probably cost more than you're willing to spend, and then they also want to make a profit.

Short answer: you're not likely to find "not-so-expensive" MLP plushies.

If you think those are expensive you should see what the fanmade plushes sell for.

Get a pegasis girlfriend who does plushies. It worked for me, I have a nice Nyx plushie to sleep with =)
    Otherwise, check the beanie plushie, they're smaller in general but cheaper.

And yeah, what range of price are you looking for ?

I saw plushie's being sold at 400+$ at bronycon and everything was sold during the first morning, so it might be expensive for you (and me) but sellers aren't going to lower their prices...