Thread: Getting over my fears.

Default Getting over my fears.

When I was in 7th grade I had a really tramatic "Got Caught" incident happen to me. As a result I now have a irrational paranoia whenever I wear diapers. I get really nervous, I jump at any sound thinking somone is going to come in even when nobody is at home, and I have my door locked.

I'm sick of not being able to enjoy my diapers like I want to. Friday I went to Walgreens and got some of the Depends that look like boxers. I plan to wear these under my clothes for a while so I can get use to the feeling of being padded without being scared. So far they are very hard to notice under my clothes and make almost no sound.

The main question of the thread is does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any advise to help me get over this fear? Any advise even if it doesn't relate to these questions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Laz the Lich

I think you'll find like most kinds of irrational fears, the best fix is to desensitize yourself to them. For the extreme fears, this is often a matter of starting by imagining yourself in the situation you fear and managing the anxiety. Once you're okay with a given level, you can continue on to more and more real situations until you're reacting "normally".

It sounds like this isn't keeping you from wearing but just interfering with your enjoyment. Try spending some time thinking about yourself wearing in public going about normal activities as you would intend to do. This may take the edge off things when you are able to wear discreetly in public for real.

If you're unfamiliar with this process, you may want to look at this link that explains it in more detail: Johns Hopkins: Depression|Anxiety on treating phobia with cognitive-behavioral therapy: Special Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I think you'll find like most kinds of irrational fears, the best fix is to desensitize yourself to them. For the extreme fears, this is often a matter of starting by imagining yourself in the situation you fear and managing the anxiety. Once you're okay with a given level, you can continue on to more and more real situations until you're reacting "normally".

It sounds like this isn't keeping you from wearing but just interfering with your enjoyment. Try spending some time thinking about yourself wearing in public going about normal activities as you would intend to do. This may take the edge off things when you are able to wear discreetly in public for real.

If you're unfamiliar with this process, you may want to look at this link that explains it in more detail: Johns Hopkins: Depression|Anxiety on treating phobia with cognitive-behavioral therapy: Special Reports

Well I've worn the boxers to work twice in a row and it's helpped alot in taking the edge off. I decided to just take the plunge and wear. I was freaked out for the first hour then it easied up untill I almost forgot I was wearing them at one point. I don't think I'll ever wear a really thick diaper out in public but it's certainly helped with my fears. Now my only problem is losing the desire to wear after climaxing. While I'd like to just be able to wear diapers all the time it's quite connected to the fetish part of my life.
    Last edited by Trevor; 31-Jul-2012 at 00:37. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.