Thread: Being Asian and diapers.

Default Being Asian and diapers.

Growing up in my family, and having a mom that is traditional, I find it awkward for me to have interests in diapers. You know how asian family are with all those traditional values and lessons that are being taught to us.

Miku

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbaby View Post
    Growing up in my family, and having a mom that is traditional, I find it awkward for me to have interests in diapers. You know how asian family are with all those traditional values and lessons that are being taught to us.
    That's extremely stereotypical. Tons of Asian families don't even follow household traditions. Not a whole lot of household traditions, anyway.

Well it depends what family you grow up in. Yes there are many Asian family. Who still have traditional values but i think in western culture there are lot of family who has traditional value too. And i think the problem is not about whether your family is still have traditional value or not is about whether your family is accepting or not.

TheSpecterPrincess

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Well it depends what family you grow up in. Yes there are many Asian family. Who still have traditional values but i think in western culture there are lot of family who has traditional value too. And i think the problem is not about whether your family is still have traditional value or not is about whether your family is accepting or not.
    But really it doesn't matter if your family has traditional or modern values (not just Asians either) because eventually once a individual reaches a certain age they can judge for themselves what they think is right and wrong. Parents don't know everything. Sometimes we have to take what they say into question when forming a opinion on judging a subject in our life as touchy as sexuality and fetishes.

Although not all Asian families are strictly traditional, I do know where the OP is coming from. In Asian culture a lot of importance is placed on "shame" which is revered as disgraceful to the family. I can see where a taboo hobby like AB/DL would make a traditional Asian family become very angry at their son/daughter, but at the same time there are a lot of "old school" caucasian and black parents that would react just as harsh.

The lesson here is: no matter what your ethnic background is, don't let your parents find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    That's extremely stereotypical. Tons of Asian families don't even follow household traditions. Not a whole lot of household traditions, anyway.
    Depends where in the world you are and what he means by Asian. The o.p appears to be from Singapore, so I'm guessing by Asian he means oriental? When he said Asian I initially thought he meant south asian i.e Indian/Pakistani.
    Last edited by Trevor; 29-Jul-2012 at 08:28. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.