Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you going to buy a gun?

Default Are you going to buy a gun?

News is reporting a huge increase in gun purchases in Colorado following the Century Batman Dark Knight Movie (whatever you want to call it) Shooting.

So, if you do not already own a gun - are you more likely to buy a gun, now?

I plan to. Personally, I don't care for guns. I don't like them, but I do see the benefit to them. I know nothing about guns. But, this is America, and I've been trained by the media and population that everyone is out to harm me, even if they are family. I can never be too safe, so I figure I'll purchase a gun for home protection, and if I feel the need to go further, I will get a concealed weapons license.

The increase in gun sales is likely just as much because people are worried that there might be an increase in gun control laws, so they're buying guns before those gun laws come into effect. It's the same reason that gun sales go up when a democrat is elected president.

Yeah, there are probably some idiots that think having a gun might have prevented this from happening, but really it probably would have just gotten them shot by bringing attention to themselves.

I don't see why I would ever need a gun, so no. I don't hunt nor have I been to a shooting range since my boy scout days. The odds that I'd need one to protect myself are so exceedingly thin that it's not worth the cost of a gun or the time/money/inconvenience needed to carry one.

Its been on my radar for some time because of the increasingly liberal/leftist nature of our government and society. Its time to get a couple against the day the 2nd Amendment falls (along with the rest of them, probably). No, I don't feel any need to protect myself in movie theaters.

Maxx Junior already has several, and I go to the range with him to practice now and then. I was surprised how steady and accurate I could be with his Glock .45

Haven't tried the shotgun or AR-15 yet.

I am going to buy a gun, and I was planning to well before the Colorado shooting. I'm years away though. Whenever I start living on my own, that's when I'll "pull the trigger" sort of speak. I won't be taking it outside of my home obviously. Just some protection for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Its been on my radar for some time because of the increasingly liberal/leftist nature of our government and society. Its time to get a couple against the day the 2nd Amendment falls (along with the rest of them, probably).
    Politics in the US have moved hard to the right for the past 3 decades by every objective measure imaginable. Meanwhile, the most conservative SCOTUS since the 1930s declared that the 2nd Amendment explicitly grants the right to a gun for the first time in history all of a few years ago.

I do plan on buying a handgun at some point, but it has little to nothing to do with protection and a lot to do with me wanting to get into pistol shooting as a hobby. Rapid fire pistol seems like fun O.o

I probably if I ever get my own house. I think a gun might be more trouble than it's worth in my small and temporal living arrangement. I think the 2nd amendment might have a longer life expectancy than the United States itself at this point, so I'm not worried about any bans.

No, I don't live in the USA.
    Last edited by StikkyPaws; 27-Jul-2012 at 03:06. Reason: Stupid autocorrect