Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for the female ABs and DLs...

Default Question for the female ABs and DLs...

I'm sure this has been asked before, and I know its squicky but:

How does a diaper hold up with period blood?
    Does it absorb or just slosh around?
    Are adult female diapers equiped for this?

Yeah sorry it I put anyone off lunch. But please, advice?

Hello AliceSerpent.
    Well, I am a boy, but I was nosy and read your posting.

I have diapered a couple of females in my time also during those days... I can confirm that a regular adult diaper will work fine. For hygiene purposes, always a good idea to change a little more regularly even if diaper has not been used so much for the other bodily functions.

Good luck
    andrew

Quote Originally Posted by AliceSerpent View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked before, and I know its squicky but:

How does a diaper hold up with period blood?
    Does it absorb or just slosh around?
    Are adult female diapers equiped for this?

Yeah sorry it I put anyone off lunch. But please, advice?
    WARNING: KIND OF GROSS
    I only have Depends, but I decided to use it on a heavy night for me in fear of an accident since my body has grown so accustomed to night-time wetting. It was gross to say the least. It didn't absorb, in fact, when I changed in the morning there was a pool of blood splat in the middle of the padding that almost leaked out as soon as I moved. My skin also felt very sticky :c I won't wear on heavy nights ever again!

I'm not sure how relevant it is, but keep in mind that depends are not the best diaper out there, not by a long shot.
    You might try it with some other brands, and get a feel for what works and what doesn't.

Cushiebabe

I would say Bambinos are among the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    I'm not sure how relevant it is, but keep in mind that depends are not the best diaper out there, not by a long shot.
    You might try it with some other brands, and get a feel for what works and what doesn't.
    Yeah, that's why I stated the fact xD Online brands will absorb a lot better, but still may not do very great on extra-heavy days. Due to the thickness of early flow, some may sit on the padded area rather than getting completely absorbed. However, I'm just making an educated guess, as I know how bad periods are. Go ahead on light days, though!

Haven't tried using them for that, but I don't think store bought diapers will hold against it very well.
    Last edited by LunarCat; 26-Jul-2012 at 20:00.

Littlehelper

my boyfriend suggested them for periods because mine can get really heavy, if yours are as heavy then id say using diapers would be a good idea but find one that is better at absorbing it as its not the same consistency (litterally and chemically) as urine or water good luck

Alexa

I've had no trouble using depends when it's been my time of the month. I've really only done it overnight. I love it because I don't have to worry!