17 36.17%
  • Not even close

8 17.02%
  • No, but it was a good amount

22 46.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time wetting in terms of pratically

Default First time wetting in terms of pratically

I was wondering about all the experience everyone had of first time wetting in diapers. It's easy to talk about you enjoyed it but this is about different variables. I want to use this knowledge in a useful way for when I try.
    Right now my current plan is to buy good nights, and wet then in bed.

Please excuse how such specific criteria as a have a very mathematical and scientific brain. Additional information(OMG IT FELT SO GREAT) is appreciated.

Did it overflow, underflow, just right?

How many diaper did you go through before you could go?(can estimate)

Which diaper where you using?

What were in doing? (include position)
    Last edited by MrSun; 25-Jul-2012 at 20:09.

Quote Originally Posted by SubterraneanSun View Post
    I was wondering about all the experience everyone had of first time wetting in diapers. It's easy to talk about you enjoyed it but this is about different variables. I want to use this knowledge in a useful way for when I try.
    Right now my current plan is to buy good nights, and wet then in bed.

Please excuse how such specific criteria as a have a very mathematical and scientific brain. Additional information(OMG IT FELT SO GREAT) is appreciated.

How many diaper did you go through?(can estimate)

Diaper? - Goodnites ( Circa 2009)
    # -> 1
    Overflow? -> Yes- Slightly: I had a partial erection and that interfered with the Leak Guards' ability to work properly. I wet for ~ 6 seconds at maximum flow rate ( Not sure what the total liquid mass was though). Note that the Goodnites Diaper can and WIll absorb much, much more than that. The partial erection broke the seal that the leg gathers/ leak gaurds would have otherwise formed.

I was standing.

you might also be interested in this experiment that I did:
    The Following is a post that I made just after doing an experiment a few months ago:

I decided to take one of my goodnites( at random) ( new 2011 version) and pour water from measuring cups into the diaper.... I stopped at 9.25 cups, which equals 74 fluid OZ..... I estimate that .25 of 1 cup leaked out ( at various points, because I wasn't being careful enough with where I poured it. At 72- 74 oz,it became extremely full, stiff, and kinda difficult to put on. The outside of the diaper was totally dry, and I could have kept pouring more water ( maybe tomorrow Ill see what its absolute limit is - probably not more than 1 more cup)... I had to make room for my junk. I only wore it for about a minute because it was putting pressure on my testicles. Then I took it off and placed it on a plastic bag under my bed so that if osmosis occurs, my floor will not get wet.

I am going to do this with one of my older( last year's) goodnites for comparison.

Obviously, this is not a scientific test, because I'm not going to repeat it on my other 2011 goodnites ( maybe If I get another pack I will), so it is totally possible that this one had more SAP than the average goodnite. However, this diaper was randomly chosen for testing amongst a pack of 27,so there is no reason to suspect that the average diaper is Much better or worse in terms of Maximum absorbency.

In practice one will obviously not get this kind of performance because:
    a.) after a few cups of urine, the diaper starts to sag and, for me at least, urine starts leaking out of the Back of the leg cuffs where a gap forms ( due to the diaper's wieght)

b.) if you go to fast, urine can over run the top of the leakgaurds and leak out of the diaper before it can be absorbed.

c.) Due to the natural landing spot from human anatomy, urine will not spread over the entire diaper.In particular, urine tends to land and pool between the legs, and towards the seat of the diaper. Even if it is contained initially, osmosis begins well before the 72+ OZ I reached during the experiment ( and when I stopped there still wasn't any osmosis).

d.) When wearing the diaper,one puts pressure on the sap, which over time, can force some of the liquid out. In addition, after a certain point,it becomes so swollen, that it doesn't fit well any more

e.) For men, the rate of urine as well as the max absorbency will depend on the position of the penis. For me, if it is placed so that urine can flow past the testicles, and to the back of the diaper, I can "flood" much more than if the testicles block the flowof urine forcing it up the diaper. In the latter case, urine flows up and over the leak gaurds before the diaper can absorb it.

I estimate that in practice, for me, the diaper has an effective capacity of 20 - 32+ Oz( then it usually starts leaking due to case a).

In the future,I'd like to buy my own set of measuring cups ( used my parents ofr this so only used water) and find out how many cups my average urination amounts too.

First time was the Certainty brief. I overloaded myself with fluids until my bladder was bursting and let it flood out, and it held most of it, but leaked a little. My first time with Goodnites leaked a lot. I would not recommend wetting them in bed unless you have some sort of waterproof padding underneath.

I wore goodnites my first time and it really overflowed and leaked a great amount. I remember my first time getting quality diapers I was afraid of it leaking cause I always leaked up to that point.

If you are talking about wetting in bed, then yes. I couldn't start the flow lying on my back, could on my side or stomach, both a recipe for leaks. The only time I leaked on the first wetting standing or sitting was when I tried the Tena product they sell in stores and really made for slight dribbles. Had to throw those away. Oh yes, the time I put a white Depend pull up back on after taking it off to poop. That leak was spectacular. I frequently leak when diapered but usually on purpose.

Did everyone get it with their first diaper?

Also I was hoping I could would not overflow goodnights because I am skinny(27 inch waist). I read that it's mostly the larger members that have problems with those diapers. About half of the poll actually said they didn't leaked and I wonder what they did.

I wore a makeshift diaper my first wetting and it reallly overflowed because I drank too much water. Thankfully, I was sitting on the toilet when I did it.

almost all the time overflow sometimes leak sometimes not even with better diapers than basic ones like Tena by example the worst are in pull ups like the depends ones leaks awfully bad with just 1 good wet

the last time a Tena MAX i wore for work and when got out i wet again but my diaper leaked was kinda embarrasing but was at night so not much could been seen.

standed up mostly

The first time adult diaper was an attends max.

Did it overflow, underflow, just right? I was under the first few times as it was hard for me to get going.

About 30 before I was totally comfortable, I had been fighting some incontinence issues for a long time so telling my brain that is okay to wet now took some time.
    Though that seems a small number now almost 6 years later.

Attends maximum brief, cheaper and a bit more absorbent than most depends products from I have seen, as a note I did try some depends during that time and they almost always leaked on me.

What were in doing? (include position) Urinating standing in my half bath that experience was nice as everything finally flowed when I relaxed., as a note I hope the goodnight work well for you but I my self will never use a depend again after one catastrophically failed on as I was getting into my car to come home from school one night, thankfully no one was around to see that but finding an emergency seat cover in a parking lot and driving home with dripping pants is not the best position to be in at 9'o'clock at night.

Well my first time was wearing a Huggies Overnights size 6 in underwear. I bought them hoping that I could wear them (could not) so I tried just putting them in the underwear. This first time I tried it didnt work no matter how much I tired. The second time I tried I drank a ton of water and held it for a long time until I was about ready to bust. I was determined to make it work. I stood in the bathroom to make it easier and had sucess and surprisingly it didnt leak, but then again I didnt sit down in it or leave it on for very much. And yes, it did feel amazing! As I recall my legs were shaking a slight bit from the high of naughtiness and slight arowsal