Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What did you guys think about black humor?

Default What did you guys think about black humor?

I was wondering, what did you guys about black humor, you know, jokes involving things that you usually would not find it funny, like cancer, aids, dead peoples, you know really sad things in itself. If you watch Family Guy, or American Dad you probably already seem a lot of jokes like that.

I personally like black humor, I think that humor don’t must be any limit, people should be allowed to do whatever jokes they want to. Today there many in favor of “politically correct humor” jokes that not “offend” anybody, but I think that humor in itself is offending, any joke can harm the persons's feelings, be a joke with gays, or a joke with fats.

So I don’t think that humor should be restrictions, but I would like to know your opinions.

I love black humor~ I guess I'm a bit of a sadist that can find humor in the worst situations. <_<

I think the shock-and-awe oh-no-you-didn't I-can't-believe-he's-so-racist stuff is mostly junk. Trying way too hard. But I like absurdist humour more than jokes with victims for sure. Seth Macfarlane and Sacha Baron Cohen's stuff doesn't appeal to me much, cause its not clever. Just throwing around obscene concepts - its about as edgy as thirteen year old who knows all the swear words. But there's some solid, darkish morbid humor out there too. Bill Hicks, those last two Bobcat Goldthwait movies, Breaking Bad, Coen Bros. films - I find that stuff entertaining. It can be brutal and horrible, but there's some wit there too, maybe even some tact. You get shows like South Park that put out some very smart, entertaining points, but part of that is often "well, we make fun of everybody and everything" and yeah, it's America and you can say whatever you want. Terrific. But I'd say there's a line between some good old R-rated satyr and "wow, you're so funny for making fun of everything, good for you for acknowledging the depravity of the human race in such a mindblowlingly offensive manner".

I can get morbid at times, but never to the point were throwing babies in dumpster would be funny(Family guy). I'm usually disturbingly serious when I say something morbid. "Rape LOL" jokes is something that is never funny, even if it's male on male (The Hot Chick).

CaliforniaBear

i love black humor, its my favorite form of comedy

i like black humor. i post some of the worst stuff on facebook thats pretty offinsive but atleast most of my facebook friends dont mind to much and laugh along with me. like i was joking with this this girl i like, she knows it was jokes and thought it was funny btw, but like i was making rape jokes towards her. and there have been some jokes and memes about the batman movie shooting and id be lying if i said i didnt laugh at it.
    im not a bad heartless person, i swear. i just have a bad sense of humor. hehe

I love black humour. My why of looking at it is, when there's this horrible diaster or tradic death/illness and you can get some laughter out of it, at least some small good has come from it. Personally i think there's no greater punishment for a murderous asshole for example than reducing them to nothing more than a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Slang View Post
    Seth Macfarlane and Sacha Baron Cohen's stuff doesn't appeal to me much, cause its not clever. Just throwing around obscene concepts - its about as edgy as thirteen year old who knows all the swear words.
    And tbh I think you're judging Sacha Baron Cohen overly harshly, I find his alot work britiantly satirical. For example his speech at the end of The Dictator, I thought that was genius. I will admit though he does on occasion just resort to cheap shock humour.

It's the best kind of humor. Instead of believing everything that's bad in some way has to be pure depressing, make it into something funny. It's the best way to forget that people are actually dying that way.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaBear View Post
    i love black humor, its my favorite form of comedy
    Same way, watching TPB will do that to you.

Nice avatar man!

For example Seth MacFarlene made a musical in Family Guy, taking funny of that woman on vegetative state, Terry Schiavo (Sorry I don't know if wrote right)... And I think was pretty funny haha