Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What outside people think when they discover the ABDL world?

Default What outside people think when they discover the ABDL world?

Probably there already many topics about that, but anyway, I was wondering, how people outside of ABDL community and circle, usually react when they discover the ABDL world?

I mean, I can understand, and even agree, that is something hard to comprehend at first look, for example, if you never heard anything about ABDL, and discover that your son, or your daughter are wearing diapers, and pacifiers, and other baby items, it’s kind choking in the first moment, because most people can’t understand why an adult or a teenager would like and stay happy, or horny, wearing baby items. I understand that is something difficult for people realize! Not saying that this justify the prejudice!

I consider myself an open mind person (I support gay married for example), so if I was not an ABDL, and I found that my son was, I would probably goggled about what it was that, before do anything, and If did anything I would just say something to reassure him, I would say that I had discovered about the ABDL stuff, and that he did not be apprehensive or worried, that I was ok with this situation, and I still loved him.

I mean, internet is an amazing tool, so before people say shits like “My son is a weird pervert”, you should research, about the subject in question, it does not matter if your son is an ABDL, gay, transsexual, or etc… Goggled about it, research talk with persons that also have it! It's your fucking son, for the love of god try to understood him!

Now, talking about how the ABDL is seeing on mainstream
    Usually there is a stereotype of middle age fat man, as all ABDL was like that, but you know, this situation are not like that, there are women ABDL also, and there are many younger ABDL people. For example, mostly of media, in my opinion show us like they showed in that CSI episode.

And also people (restarted persons) think that because we liked diapers, and/or like to pretend to we are babies or toddlers that means that we are degenerated monsters, that we are pedophiles (Just read comments in YouTube, in the videos of TV Shows talking about ABDL)

A case that happened with me:
    My brother some time ago was reading a news in the internet saying about an adult baby with the title “40 years old and still want to a baby” and he laugh, he don’t said something like “What creep pedophile this guy is!” but he thought was funny and ridiculous. After, he commented that news with my mother, and she said something like:

“(Laughs) oh this world has gone insane! Now I can say that I already seen from everything (Laughs)”, and then she comment “It’s cloth diaper or disposable diaper, that he uses? (Laughs)"

I'm not even going to comment about the irony of the whole situation, but she would react in a much more aggressive way, if she knew her son was an ABDL hahaha

Anyway, sorry if my text stay very longer

PS: Sorry for any grammar mistake

The thing is people who find out their kids are wearing diapers or have baby items, if they have never heard of AB/DL or TB, how are they supposed to google it if they don't know what it's called?

I don't mind if people laugh at it because it's better than them judging it and being all critical about it except for the ridiculous part.

The thing is people who find out their kids are wearing diapers or have baby items, if they have never heard of AB/DL or TB, how are they supposed to google it if they don't know what it's called?
    Well, it's not so hard, if you waste some minutes searching on google, you can easily discover, for example if you type "Adults that like to wear diapers" the first result is an ABDL page

And the second, is the a page of wikepedia, talking about Paraphilic infantilism.
    Last edited by drwho; 24-Jul-2012 at 06:43.

I think our society's view on AB/DLs is seriously warped thanks in large part to things like that CSI episode, and Stanley. And, of course, when talk show hosts *cough*Tyra*cough* come off super condescending and make their guest feel like a total freak of nature...that really doesn't help our cause, either. Pretty much the media makes it seem like all AB/DLs have deep psychological issues for one reason or another, which really is not the case for a lot of us.

Though I think that in the fetish community (or really just anyone non-vanilla) it's more accepted and is probably viewed as just another fetish.

Well it depends of what kind of people who you asked for but i think an open minded people still have some issues with it. And i agree that internet is in fact spreading ABDL (well other paraphillia also) to the world i mean if there is no internet i wouldn't be here speak to you guys and encourage me to wear diaper in fact i still hold my feelings about diaper and maybe don't release it.

Oh yeah actually my friends and i once talk about stanley and they all laugh about it and said some horrible things and actually it's kinda ruin my heart. We are considered as freak pervert people and pedophiles
    Last edited by archer; 24-Jul-2012 at 12:56. Reason: Mispelling

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Oh yeah actually my friends and i once talk about stanley and they all laugh about kit and said some horrible things and actually it's kinda ruin my heart. We are considered as freak pervert people and pedophiles
    Sorry about your friends. I hope they would change their minds if they knew about you.

Well i found out about ABDL through dr phil (it was fairly neatral) but i definately agree that most tv shows show the bad/darker side of alt communities (happened with the vampire community of SVU).
    Luckily for me my friends are a group of teens very fetish/sex orientated and probably wouldn't bat an eyelid if they knew this side of me, maybe ask questions or rib me (I rib the furries of my group though so it's just turnabout).
    My dad is similar, though he have a laugh at my expense (he always does).
    My mother would probably be horrified... she's the shallow minded type of person that would tried to get me therapy...
    The world has all types I guess but yeah it seems sad how the mass media is so critical.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceSerpent View Post
    Sorry about your friends. I hope they would change their minds if they knew about you.

Well i found out about ABDL through dr phil (it was fairly neatral) but i definately agree that most tv shows show the bad/darker side of alt communities (happened with the vampire community of SVU).
    Luckily for me my friends are a group of teens very fetish/sex orientated and probably wouldn't bat an eyelid if they knew this side of me, maybe ask questions or rib me (I rib the furries of my group though so it's just turnabout).
    My dad is similar, though he have a laugh at my expense (he always does).
    My mother would probably be horrified... she's the shallow minded type of person that would tried to get me therapy...
    The world has all types I guess but yeah it seems sad how the mass media is so critical.
    Thanks. thank god they didn't know about my other side if they do maybe they will make fun of me and bullying me. Let's hope that not gonna happen. But i have one very best friend who know about my other side and he was very accepting with it God bless him.

Thaguy123

I talked one time about it with some classmates and the only thing they said was like "freak", "weirdo", "idiots" and some other mean words... Nothing positive...

And when I tried to say "do you don't have special things" they said back "yeah... But not this freak stuff!"

But I am still sure they don't know about me

Thanks. thank god they didn't know about my other side if they do maybe they will make fun of me and bullying me. Let's hope that not gonna happen. But i have one very best friend who know about my other side and he was very accepting with it God bless him.

Not saying that you should, but do you ever feel like friends who say that kind of stuff aren't really your best friends after all? I'm just asking because I wonder the same about any situations i might be in. Mostly though, i think it is more of a problem of misunderstanding rather than the person generally just being a twit. I think people like to say things about groups of people that they don't think they have any association with because it feels comfortable and entertaining to have something interesting to talk smack about.
    As for the main subject, I've told a few people my age, and they all respond accepting of it. In fact, my best friend was encouraging of it, he has been a huge support for my mental welfare.
    With anybody of my parents age though, they all get freaked out over it. I think some of the issue here, is most of the older generation isn't used to growing up around people of such changes in life style, It used to be easy to shelter yourself from knowing what type of stuff is out there, but with the increase in communication, it is really easy for random things like infantilism to appear in the media.

(has anybody thought that it is funny that the spell checker doesn't know that infantilism is a real word, just saying, shows that the programming team/dictionary-guy who made this forum code didn't know it existed)

The response I have gotten personally from rational, open-minded friends is one of shock and disbelief at first..."You MUST be joking?!" Then, once they realize it's not a joke, they think it's hilarious and have about a thousand questions, mostly related to trying to find the WHY I would want to wear. Most have looked it up online and generally come to the conclusion that it's "not that bad, compared to other things out there." Then they simply accept it, without much more said on the subject, except for the occasional whispered friendly ribbing about it.

Granted, these are people who already know me and respect me for who I am. I think telling a coworker or someone you just met could end disastrously, but I don't know why you would want to reveal something so private to them anyway. Let's face it, ABDL is a VERY unusual and strange way to behave, from the average perspective. It is not unreasonable for someone who doesn't know you to be wary of you because they know about this side of you, in fact, it is smart. All they know is that you're a bit "off." How do they know you're not dangerous? For example, I doubt the average parent would consent to allow their kids to be babysat by someone other than family who they knew had a diaper fetish. Of course, we know that pedophilia, although it works in a similar manner in the brain, is completely unrelated to ABDLism. But the average person doesn't know that, and it would be very difficult to explain that to them or convince them.

Unfortunately, any knowledge the public may have of ABDLs is usually in a VERY negative context, because the fetish/lifestyle is rarely seen except for when an ABDL does something extreme or illegal and it reaches the media. So there is a general bias towards us, mostly due to ignorance of what it's all about. Such is life.