Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: The Aurora Shooter and...racism?

  1. #1

    Default The Aurora Shooter and...racism?

    This is a picture that I've seen circulating lately. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG953160.jpg 
Views:	848 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	13438

    Wait...what?

    The message of that image is that because he's white he's "crazy" rather than a terrorist or a thug. The point of that picture is the differentiating images of killers based on their race and says nothing even remotely close to the intention the killer had.

    Regardless of race, gender, or religion, this person is a mentally-ill murderer and a terrorist. What that picture does is "unveil" the racism and bias the media has for white people. It says nothing of the crime being wrong, only that if he weren't white, he'd be treated worse by the media than he currently is.

    And while people share this photo with their friends, the message of bias and racism reigns supreme, instead of a message of condolence and sympathy for the victims.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BasketCase View Post
    This is a picture that I've seen circulating lately. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG953160.jpg 
Views:	848 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	13438

    Wait...what?

    The message of that image is that because he's white he's "crazy" rather than a terrorist or a thug. The point of that picture is the differentiating images of killers based on their race and says nothing even remotely close to the intention the killer had.

    Regardless of race, gender, or religion, this person is a mentally-ill murderer and a terrorist. What that picture does is "unveil" the racism and bias the media has for white people. It says nothing of the crime being wrong, only that if he weren't white, he'd be treated worse by the media than he currently is.

    And while people share this photo with their friends, the message of bias and racism reigns supreme, instead of a message of condolence and sympathy for the victims.
    Well the thing is he was *IS* a bright student. You just need to look at his academic records. The reason he was not killed was he stopped shooting and calmly waited for the police to take him in. If the cops would of killed him it would be a spit on the face of the justice system and he's already admitted to doing it I guess. If not they got a lot of evidence.

    Since I found out he dyed his hair red I thought it was clear he wanted to impersonate The Joker from the last movie and so far he has done exactly that.

    He shot up a place (the joker robbing/shooting the bank manger), Purposefully got cuaght (just like the joker), lead them to a place rigged to blow up if they entered it (just like in The Dark Knight) and now isn't willing to coprate at all.

    The only key differences I'm seeing is A. he would of never got the amount of support the joker in the movie did and B. he sucks being the joker.

    oh and there's not a guy in a batsuit beating the crap out of him every time he escapes or does something bad.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Well the thing is he was *IS* a bright student. You just need to look at his academic records. the reason he was not killed was he stopped shooting and calmly waited for the police to take him in.

    Since I found out he dyed his hair red I thought it was clear he wanted to impersonate The Joker from the last movie and so far he has done exactly that.

    He shot up a place (the joker robbing/shooting the bank manger), Purposefully got cuaght (just like the joker), lead them to a place rigged to blow up if they entered it (just like in The Dark Knight) and now isn't willing to coprate at all.

    The only key differences I'm seeing is A. he would of never got the amount of support the joker in the movie did and B. he sucks being the joker.

    oh and there's not a guy in a batsuit beating the crap out of him every time he escapes or does something bad.
    I agree, and you also touched on something I meant to say.

    There is a more extensive photo out there saying the media is "protecting" him in a way because he's white, saying that its only because he's white that people are saying he was a bright student and intelligent. That if he were black he'd be a thug, or if he were muslim he'd be a terrorists, and that's complete and total BS.

    The "unveiling" of media bias was mocking people who think that way, and who hold on to a message of racism.

  4. #4

    Default

    I don't think race has anything to do with it. One look at those eyes, and the first thing that comes to mind is "effin nuts". I'm pretty sure I would say the same thing if he had a turban or a really dark tan. I've seen the same look on some of my wifes behaviorally challenged colored students. Of course a turban and a suicide bomb is pretty much the definition of effin nuts, isn't it?

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I don't think race has anything to do with it. One look at those eyes, and the first thing that comes to mind is "effin nuts". I'm pretty sure I would say the same thing if he had a turban or a really dark tan. I've seen the same look on some of my wifes behaviorally challenged colored students. Of course a turban and a suicide bomb is pretty much the definition of effin nuts, isn't it?
    I agree. That was my whole point. I know I wasn't completely clear with it, but the whole "unveiling media bias" was mocking the people who think that instead of being sympathetic towards the victims.

  6. #6

    Default

    Well I don't like how they decided to jump to conclusions and blame in the following order: Rush Limbaugh, the Tea Party, guns, nerds, cosplayers, and violent movies like Batman. The reason the killer did this is because he is evil, not because of any of those things. Why is there evil in the world? That is because people are in the world and people are evil. This guy was just off the charts evil.

    Interestingly in Colorado, you can't invoke the insanity plea if you commit the crime because you are evil. The fact that he had the delusion that he was the Joker does not really point to insanity since the guy was evil. So the guy is going to go to jail for the rest of his life. All the courts really are going to determine is how long his life is going to be.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by WriteAndLeft View Post
    Well I don't like how they decided to jump to conclusions and blame in the following order: Rush Limbaugh, the Tea Party, guns, nerds, cosplayers, and violent movies like Batman.
    I never heard anyone say such things yet and if they did they are idiots since they don't know the facts. However since he did claim he was "The Joker" people could easily blame the Dark Knight and Nolan. However that movie clearly wasn't a message to draw to arms or anything of that nature. It was a fictional movie about a great fictional hero with a fantastic fictional villain.

    Also he's clearly not insane and I honestly don't think he's using "I'm the Joker" as a insanity plea. The Joker in "The Dark Knight" wasn't insane anyways. He was wickedly smart and just really liked choas and anarchy. Which is why I personally loved him as a villain (the Joker, not this guy).

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I never heard anyone say such things yet and if they did they are idiots since they don't know the facts. However since he did claim he was "The Joker" people could easily blame the Dark Knight and Nolan. However that movie clearly wasn't a message to draw to arms or anything of that nature. It was a fictional movie about a great fictional hero with a fantastic fictional villain.

    Also he's clearly not insane and I honestly don't think he's using "I'm the Joker" as a insanity plea. The Joker in "The Dark Knight" wasn't insane anyways. He was wickedly smart and just really liked choas and anarchy. Which is why I personally loved him as a villain (the Joker, not this guy).
    I think it was an ABC news reporter that blamed the Tea Party, he also misquoted the Mother of her saying "You have the right person" when she was asked about her son.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D183148



    Quote Originally Posted by BasketCase View Post
    This is a picture that I've seen circulating lately. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG953160.jpg 
Views:	848 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	13438


    this person is a mentally-ill murderer and a terrorist.

    .
    Wrong, being mentally ill would be that he just snapped and went on said spree and he would still be showing signs of said illness in court. In this case he had it planned for months. That is the definition of a psychopath, he knew what he was doing and how to do it.

    To everyone claiming James Holmes is mentally ill, he is NOT. He is a psychopath, fully aware of his actions and his surroundings. If he were mentally ill, his actions would have been the unplanned result of a psychotic break (in which case he would still be exhibiting that break- he is not, he is very coherent). The attack was meticulously planned and executed, classifying him as an organized psychopath.

  9. #9

    Default

    If the OP of that image wanted to be taken seriously, he should not have written it in the Impact "meme" font. I think it's a ridiculous way to assess the event that happened. I was not happy when I saw a friend of mine share that on Facebook.

  10. #10
    StefanHasDiapees

    Default

    First, I disagree about the idea that if he was black, nobody would talk about him being a smart student. No matter the color, the fact he was an ace student would have been brought up.

    Second, about this quote from Maxx a few posts up: "One look at those eyes, and the first thing that comes to mind is "effin nuts".". I dislike these kind of 20-20 hindsight comments. You know what? If you were handed that picture randomly a month ago and told this was your new co-worker, you wouldn't have even blinked. It's impossible NOW for you to look at that picture and not think "effin nuts", but if I look at it as just another pic of some random dude, I'd say it looks like a happy, excited guy who's having a good time. I, myself, have looked FAR more murderously insane in some pictures I've had taken of me at parties.

    I have to close this by saying I'll smack anybody who misconstrues this post as defending the guy. He needs to be (and will be) locked up for the rest of his life, long or short.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 25-Jul-2012, 05:21
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-Apr-2012, 20:07
  3. Casual Xbox 360 Shooter Game Recommendation
    By bomb851 in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 26-Mar-2011, 13:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.