Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love

Default Love

For the longest time I've wondered how to tell if I was in love or not. I still haven't found out. What is love, ADISC?

It's something I have(probably) never felt. I love my family and friends and such, But the intimate love (which I'm going to assume you're referring to) I have never felt. Maybe I just haven't met the right person yet, who knows. I feel jealous of those in steady relationships built on (assumedly) love. So I too will read to see what people think love is, and hope that one day I'll feel it and know for sure.

On a side note, I loved last night's South Park. I want to marry it and grow old together!

In my opinion, love is a curse. Right now I'm in a relationship with a girl that I don't even love anymore. Why I'm still with her, I don't know. It kind of weird because I can fell in love with her one minute, and the next minute I won't have any feeling for her. Anyway Love is confusing, you need go through relationship, heartbreak, etc. before you can understand. I mean I dated 5 girls since I was 16 and I still don't get it. So anyway diaperdude, if you found the answer to love, please tell me because I want to know too.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperdude View Post
    What is love, ADISC?
    "What Is Love is" a song by Haddaway.

Here's the music video.
    YouTube - Haddaway-What is Love?

But really I think love is when you care enough for a person you will give up anything for them. I also think you can fall out of love with someone but it takes extreme stuff for that to happen.

I could go with the cliche and tell you what I tell the ladies that love is your soul's recognition of it's counterpart in another. But in reality is that so far off. I don't believe in the normal concept of a soul so stick with me. But I think that love is when you feel like you can laugh and cry with someone and when you are with them you feel like a better person. Love is when you can compromise and work through all the hard times and not take a second of the time you have together for granted.

Love is an art.

I don't believe in love at first sight, or any of that mumbo jumbo. If you meet someone, hang out with them long enough, and realize your intentions, you will love them. Over time your love will get stronger, etc... Then you get to marry them and all that jazz.

maddi

hmm... I guess you do have to live life a bit to know the difference between love or lust... Love probably starts off with attraction, yearning desire to be crammed in that person's life 24/7. Then as the "honeymoon phase" dies off... and believe me it does... there are things you would do for that person that you probably wouldn't do for anyone else, little quirks that annoy you that you ultimately put up with. That person isn't your LIFE necessarily, but a great friend and confidant--he or she knows everything about you and still finds you interesting and desirable. At the end of the day, you are very glad you come home to that person because no one else would make you feel better than him or her.

I'm more than positive I'm over-simplifying it, but this has been my experience in a nutshell...

I agree with Maddi. Love is when little things about the person go from being a neg thing to being somthing that makes them different. It is realy only see able after that Honeymoon phase has ended because you can not have posably had a chance to know the other person well enough.

Love is knowing you will have no better best friend then you other person. You could spend all the time in your day with them and them alone. You will still have things that make you angree, but if it is love you are willing to work them out.

Most of all it is love when you are willing to give up on a solid idea of what you want and see that there is realy a lot of grey areas. Say I never would have thought of loving anyone that was in diapers for fun. Though love will help you come to see things through the other person eyes, as well as your own.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsGurl View Post
    Love is knowing you will have no better best friend then you other person. You could spend all the time in your day with them and them alone. You will still have things that make you angree, but if it is love you are willing to work them out.

Most of all it is love when you are willing to give up on a solid idea of what you want and see that there is realy a lot of grey areas. Say I never would have thought of loving anyone that was in diapers for fun. Though love will help you come to see things through the other person eyes, as well as your own.
    What a sweetie!

Isn't she great folks!