View Poll Results: Who here sees the smiley on Mars in the picture?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 96.30%
  • No

0 0%
  • Sort of

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A smiley face on Mars?

Default A smiley face on Mars?

Hmmmm, so it seems that Mars has a lot of things just waiting to be discovered, as for this smiley face, I just wanted to know, who all here see it. (I do)

Last edited by Yawnie; 11-Feb-2008 at 15:07. Reason: Typo

I see it...in the picture, but I'm not sayin' the picture isn't 'doctored'.

While it's probably just a random formation, yes I can definitely see it heheh.

Hahaha! That's interesting.... but it has to be edited. That can't actually be there, can it? O_o
    When was this picture taken? Who is the source?

FullMetal

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    Hahaha! That's interesting.... but it has to be edited. That can't actually be there, can it? O_o
    When was this picture taken? Who is the source?
    Why does it have to be edited? Thats not that far out...its just rock formation.

FullMetal

I'm just surprised that there's ANOTHER thing on Mars that looks like something. There was that humanoid rock all over the internet a few weeks ago. And of course, there's Cydonia Mensae (the big face on Mars) I've sometimes wondered if this stuff indicates that there was once a civilization on Mars in the distant past or if it's just coincidence that these things look the way they do.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I'm just surprised that there's ANOTHER thing on Mars that looks like something. There was that humanoid rock all over the internet a few weeks ago. And of course, there's Cydonia Mensae (the big face on Mars) I've sometimes wondered if this stuff indicates that there was once a civilization on Mars in the distant past or if it's just coincidence that these things look the way they do.
    I'm pretty sure it's just coincidence. Human brains are hard-wired to see patterns, especially faces, in places where they actually aren't.

I still think this is pretty cool, though.