Thread: World Series 2008

Default World Series 2008

As it stands now the Philadelphia Phillies are in the World Series and the Tampa Bay Rays are beating the Boston Red Sox 2-0 and the Rays are leading the series 3-1.

The Rays have a good shot at winning tonight but do you think Boston will come back and win the series? Also of the two possible matches we have Boston v. Phillies and Rays v. Phillies, who has a better shot at winning the World Series?

EmeraldsAndLime

Obligatory "Why is it called the World Series when it's only played in America?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Obligatory "Why is it called the World Series when it's only played in America?"
    I don't know Lukie it's the same with American football with the Super Bowl. The only true compotion that can be called a world game is the World Cup and even then not every nation takes part in it.

EmeraldsAndLime

I just don't like watching the Super Bowl or anything like that because they always announce the winners as the "World Champions".

Aside from my disdain over it, I will say that I absolutely *love* baseball. It's the only sport I'd go out of my way to watch.

i live near chicago, and everyone was hoping that the cubs and socks would have to play each other for the world series, but i was scared for my life. if the cubs didn't loose, fans would group together like gangs. you wouldn't be able to wear cubs or socks shirts without geting beaten down by the other fans. i was so glad one of them lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    America isn't the only country to play in the World Series....There also a Canadian team that play in it before but still I get your point on why it shouldn't be call World Series when only two countries play in it.