Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boosters

Default Boosters

What kind of boosters/inserts does everyone use? I have been using Tena (Harmonie) inserts for about 2 years now, but I am considering on switching to either abri let or using the heavier Tena pads.

Darkfinn

The only booster I've ever tried is Abri-let Maxi... and holy shyte... it was like having an extra diaper on. It'll practically double the capacity of an X-plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    The only booster I've ever tried is Abri-let Maxi... and holy shyte... it was like having an extra diaper on. It'll practically double the capacity of an X-plus.
    could not have said it better myself. holy shit.

wearing one of those in a bambino has been my recent trend. i've been very happy with it.

The cheapest way out is useing something washable, that is why I use a washable insert I can add as many as I want, but over three is very very noticable, and if I go to to more I need a large diaper instead of a med.

A very good way to make a cheap diaper more absorbant, and a great diaper even better is useing stuffers of some sort, but I can not see paying everytime and tossing them away, that is my argument for washables.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    The cheapest way out is useing something washable, that is why I use a washable insert I can add as many as I want, but over three is very very noticable, and if I go to to more I need a large diaper instead of a med.

A very good way to make a cheap diaper more absorbant, and a great diaper even better is useing stuffers of some sort, but I can not see paying everytime and tossing them away, that is my argument for washables.
    I'm bowel+bladder incont. - there's no way I'm using anything washable.

You could more than likely use something washable, but for bowel movements, I don't think it would be worth the effort, you would spend more on trying to keep them clean then it's worth.

I'll echo the statement about about the Abri-Let Maxis. They really are the best, with "best" being an understatement. They are much bigger than any other boost insert, and thicker than any mass market brief. They're also pretty cheap, at around 40-50 each.

I use both the abri-let maxi's which are absolutely awesome, though quite big so I will only use them if I'm at home. Personally the depend boost's are actually decent for being store bought and inexpensive. I usually get the depend ones for $5 for a pack of 20, making them about $0.25 per insert, so they are fairly inexpensive and easy to get.

Seni V Maxi. These are shaped so on one hand you lose you leak guards but on the other it pads it out a bit more evenly. I use them back to front (ie more padding at the front) which makes it a lot safer to wet when you're lying on your stomach.

I usually use the cheapest large baby daiper I can get. They easy to find, cheap, and they work.