Thread: Bambino Vs XPM shipping cost

Cherub

Question Bambino Vs XPM shipping cost

I haven't found anything on this thread so I thought I'd post my observation and ensuing question.

Earlier today I placed orders for:
    sample pack of 2 Bambino Biancos from Bambino Diapers. And an order for a sample pack of 2 AbriForm X-plus from XPmedical. Bambino did not charge me shipping, however XPmedical charged $5.09 for shipping.

First off, I am NOT complaining about paying for shipping, but I am curious as to why one would charge for shipping and the other does not? Would the size of the company doing the selling have anything to do with having to charge for shipping?

I mean, I like the products XP sells and I plan to continue buying from there, but why is their shipping so much more expensive than Bambino?

HiddenAlex

Maybe Bambino includes the shipping cost in their original price, just a guess.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenAlex View Post
    Maybe Bambino includes the shipping cost in their original price, just a guess.
    That's what I thought might be the case, till I looked at the numbers and thought,,"hmm, shipping isn't that much of a difference"

2 diapers from Bambino was $7.25 and checkout was $7.25
    $7.25 divide by 2 would be about $3.62 per diaper
    2 diapers from XPmedical was $5.95 and at checkout it was $11.04
    $11.04 divide by 2 would be about $5.52 per diaper.

perhaps the X-plus diapers cost that much more to manufacture?? Or perhaps the savings comes when ordering by the bag or case?

2 - L2 (Super) briefs
    2 - L4 (X-Plus) briefs

From what I see on their site you cant order just 2 diapers as a sample for the X-Plus. You get 2 X Plus and 2 Super with both the S, M, L, and XL packs.

XP Medical's Cases are shipped free, M4s are $59.95 (42 @ $1.42ea) for a case. Bambino M cases are $67.00 (48 @ $1.39ea). However its not "true" free shipping, the shipping charge is actually just included in the price. You buy more you pay less per piece. Its more of a "don't have to buy extra cardboard and repack broken cases". XP medical's discreet shipping is turning the manufacturer's box inside out to reduce packaging costs. Cardboard isn't all that cheap, matter of fact, cardboard theft is becoming a serious issue costing companies serious amounts of money. People get money for cardboard boxes.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic View Post
    2 - L2 (Super) briefs
    2 - L4 (X-Plus) briefs

From what I see on their site you cant order just 2 diapers as a sample for the X-Plus. You get 2 X Plus and 2 Super with both the S, M, L, and XL packs.
    Ah, I re-red the contents of the sample pack on their website. You are correct in that there are 4 diapers and not 2. I can't believe I missed that. Thank you for pointing that out!