Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed

Default Advice needed

So I was approached to participate in a documentary on abdlism. I had been emailed by the company and told them I would be interested in it as long as I could remain anonymous, e.g. not show my face. So I had a skype call with them today and everything went well but at the end of the conversation the lady said that they would need me to show my face if I were to participate in the documentary.

Now I should clarify that I'm not looking for any fame or anything, the only reason I am even considering doing the documentary is because after talking with the producer I feel like they are genuinely trying to get across that we are normal people and not trying to turn us into a freak show. Also I think they want us to be more accepted by the general public, and if I can be a part of something that helps people understand us and not ask "Are you into kids" When we tell them that we are ab/dls, well thatís something I want to be apart of.

So what I need from you guys is do you think Iím fooling myself at taking them at face value when they say they donít want to sensationalise us and turn us into a freak show. And do you think I would be a fool for not learning from the mistakes that others have made in the past.

At the moment I am on the side of not doing it, but I really believe in getting rid of the stigma associated with abdl's and I know if my circumstances were different, like if I didn't need to worry about getting a job and what not I would do it in a heart beat. But Iím only 25 and I donít want to screw myself over.

So yeah what do you guys think?

Don't do it don't sign the release. It may seem like a good idea but it is still best to just stay secret. You could screw up a future job or a relationship. Plus you have no clue how they could edit that.

Yeah thats what i was thinking myself. But the thing that has me thinking i should do it is that it could benefit people in the future, like we need people that the public can relate to to speak up. But its that whole thing of it could be edited to make us all look like freaks and could realy screw over my future.

On the other hand would it be worth it if it lead to change, i know this wont change much but it could lead to further projects that will change public perception of us. Would the risk be worth it?

trust your gut... if your gut says no, dont do it!!

But that kind of is my problem, I'm not sure if my gut is saying no or my cowardice is.

Why bother changing the public perception. What difference would it make if most people DID accept it? Would you go out dressed like a baby? Would you drink from a bottle in a restauraunt? What benifits does it have?

Quote Originally Posted by RunningEasy View Post
    Why bother changing the public perception. What difference would it make if most people DID accept it? Would you go out dressed like a baby? Would you drink from a bottle in a restauraunt? What benifits does it have?
    listen to yourself...it's acceptance like before the LGBT community was accepance they had to hide what they were doing.... now, you dont see every gay person running out on the street having sex with other men in public.... only a few, just like what would happen if we became accepted... we COULD... but only a few of us will

No i wouldnt i'm not an exhibitionist. But i am kinda tired of living in fear of being discovered, and i dont want other kids to go through what i did in trying to accept myself. Like i think that public perception of us really hindered my in my own personal development and i think if there was a better public image of us then it wouldnt have caused me so much pain.

Like I'm bi aswell and i came out almost immediately when i figured that out. It wasnt scary at all for me and it didnt bother me in one bit that i liked guys aswell. And i think that is because there is generally a positive image of gay people so it was definately easier to come to grips with that.

Just saw your post mainer, you put that far better than i ever could have, cheers mate

and also so our kids will know.... it's okay if you are different... just be yourself

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcAwesome View Post
    But that kind of is my problem, I'm not sure if my gut is saying no or my cowardice is.
    Never trust the press. Give only the information that you are ok with the whole world knowing and don't think they have to give facts b and c when you tell them a, if fact a is negative by itself, but positive in the context that includes b and c, don't give them fact a, even if it means not giving facts a b and c.

On the bright side though your fame might actually be a positive thing if somebody sees your story and offers you a job out of sympathy, understanding, or outright protest of negativity. Small amount of fame might be a good thing. Remember the bus monitor abused by kids? She got a very sweet vacation fund.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2