Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The COGIATI

Default The COGIATI

Now I know there was a thread for this a few years back but I thought it might be appropriate to start a new post.

Is there any real standing in this test? How do people feel about? And who has taken this test? and do you agree with the score/placement you received?

My COGIATI result value is: 150 Which means that you fall within the following category:

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that you are a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism. You show a strong degree of gender dysphoria. At the very least, further investigation should be undertaken. Your COGIATI score places you among the majority of those diagnosed as transsexuals, the 'late onset' tanssexual.

Your situation is potentially serious and indicative of a probable inborn gender conflict. It is definitely recommended that you pursue further action.
    The suggestions for your circumstance are several.
    It is recommended that you seek help from a sympathetic counselor or professional about your gender issues. It is very possible that over time they will become increasingly difficult to cope with. Early determination of what you really need and want is vital. You need to determine if you truly are transsexual. Keep in mind, thought, that many alternatives exist other than complete sexual transformation. Partial transformation and many other way of existing are available. While you are very possibly a transsexual, COGIATI has determined that this is not absolutely certain. While time is an issue, being certain is more important. Proceed with investigation of your possible transsexuality or transgenderism, but with caution.
    Some actions may help you to define your needs more clearly. Experimenting with living full time as a woman, taking hormones for a short time under supervision, or taking testosterone suppressers to observe how you feel are all viable options. Keep in mind that while it is very likely that you might be a transsexual, it is not certain. Do not take severe or permanent actions without long thought and the help of counselors and professionals.
    Your gender issues are real, and should not be ignored. Neither should you rush into acting on them, however powerful they may feel. You do not fit the full criterion for the rarest classification, classic transsexuality, and so should be cautious, and open to possibilities. You may yet end up undergoing transition, and the path of the transsexual may well be your salvation. Be very careful, but do not ignore your issues.
    If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender expression of various kinds. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender expression.

I would really like peoples thoughts on this.

I took the COAGTI once and scored as classification 4 as well. I haven't yet actually seen a counselor to see if they would give this test as well. As I mentioned in another thread, I've only recently come out to someone. Before having come out, I have always been one to deny and even try to fight against my gender identity issues. I am trying to find support in my area and am hoping to maybe be able to find a counseling plan that I can afford soon.

You should put the link here, to people make the test.
    COGIATI English

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    You should put the link here, to people make the test.
    COGIATI English
    Thank you so very much drwho that detail would have been of use, thank you for putting up the link

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyprincessboy View Post
    I have always been one to deny and even try to fight against my gender identity issues. I am trying to find support in my area and am hoping to maybe be able to find a counseling plan that I can afford soon.
    I know right where you are coming from, I have an appointment with my regular Dr the 6th of August for the same reason.

Many times it's complicated for people with doubt about their gender identity, because you know, they don't have all comportments typical of women, some aspects of their personality and comportments are masculine, or they like of things that most men usually like. For example, some transgender woman, are lesbian (they have sexual feelings by women).But life is not in black or white.

I got -105, it's not that accurate, neither, though, is it inaccurate. Some aspects are spot on, others are not.

I don't feel that the questions are exactly... appropriate I would say for such a test. There really are many questions in there that just... don't work, or don't have proper answers to fit the way some people feel. I really wouldn't count anything it says as fact...

Anyways, I'm apparently androgynous(or whatever (-45))

I got a 170. Class 4, probably transsexual. Didn't expect else.

I got the highest, I took it a year ago. I got a very high score and I think it said Class 5.

COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE for me. Sounds about right for me.