Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Why the big Attraction???

Default My Little Pony: Why the big Attraction???

Okay so there are a couple of guys at my work that are really into my Little Pony lol. What is so attractive about this series???

Can someone say what is so attractive about My Little Pony? Maybe I'll watch it on Netflix lol. They do have the first six seasons on Netflix.

It's just a damn good show with very well written characters. There's only two seasons of the show so the other four you're probably thinking of are the old versions of the show which are pretty terrible.

Cloudchaser

It's a good show. It has nice flash animation, great in-depth characters, and good plots. And a few little hidden references.

What everyone is into is the NEWEST MLP. "My little pony: friendship is magic". Only a few diehard are in to the full "My little pony" series.

The newest one is a refreshing change compared to the older ones. Even tho it is meant for a younger age, A lot of the show has pretty good adult like humour and unlike other cartoons alot of MLP:FIM like to give the fans a nod by including things they may suggest.

They way is it is draw/made is also different, its not overly girly like the older MLPs.

Besides Rainbow dash just makes the whole show 20% cooler for everyone.

Ignore any MLP cartoon that isn't part of the Friendship is Magic series. Those will give you a serious diabetic attack.

Friendship is Magic, on the other hand, is surprisingly addictive. It might take a few episodes to get into it, but once you know the characters, there's no getting out of it.

/)^3^(\

Three reasons:

1. Lauren Faust - head writer for season 1 - is an amazing writer (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Powerpuff Girls). Thankfully other amazing writers have filled her place.
    2. There is actual character development and conflict (both internal and external). It's not like a little girl's show where all they do is worry about how to make bracelets.
    3. Some of it is bandwagon. Some people call themselves bronies because it's the hip thing to do.

For stuff like this.

But really. the writing is at the very least decent though many people think it's good. it's designed and written for kids and their parents to watch together so the older fans can still like it. Its not like you have to be a child or a parent or you just won't get it.

Anyways there's two seasons, the 3rd season hasn't got a air date yet since they are in the midst of making the episodes im sure. But all the Friendship is magic episodes are all up on Netflix in HD with subtitles.

Are you for real. GUYS at work that like my little pony. My 11 year old watches that. It's a little girls show. I watched it when I was little and only watch it by force now. Maybe they are sissies. Unless you are don't waiste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Messedintheheads View Post
    Are you for real. GUYS at work that like my little pony. My 11 year old watches that. It's a little girls show.

You're on a forum for adult people who wear diapers and act like babies. How can you act surprised that people like a show made for little girls?

I don't think it's terrible, but it's hardly worth the reception it's gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Messedintheheads View Post
    Are you for real. GUYS at work that like my little pony. My 11 year old watches that. It's a little girls show. I watched it when I was little and only watch it by force now. Maybe they are sissies. Unless you are don't waiste your time.
    You are a grown adult who identifies as an Adult Baby, and you're seriously giving other grown men a hard time for liking a show meant for a younger audience. Seriously?