Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The little things

Smile The little things

It's the little things that make life worth living.

What are, in your opinion, those 'little things'?

The evening air?
    Clouds that look like stuff?
    A smile from a stranger?
    Waking up early, only to find that you can roll over and sleep more?

I thought I'd make a nice thread, to see what little things people value.

(Also, please have some sort reason for your answer, I don't want this to turn into a one line each, thread game style thing)

Oh man, that is bliss.

I'm not sure if you'd consider it a little thing, but I love sunny weather. The way everything looks so much more vibrant and colourful just makes life seem that little bit better. That little more liveable. :P

Realizing there is no school, especially if it's unexpected

Eating your favorite food

Getting compliments that you don't expect

A snow day. I just love to wake up and find a foot of fresh snow on the ground. The world just seems to stop and be so tranquil and peaceful, if only for a few hours until the plow makes its rounds. Thankfully here in the mountains, I get to experience that a lot.

Ermm... I think about things like this all the time. Since I'm feeling a bit lazy, here is a couple paragraphs from my blog that sum it up a bit.

I went for coffee with my buddy. I left about 3am, and while I was riding my bike home at about 5am, the sun was starting to come up. And sometimes, you just get those days where everything is absolutely beautiful. I was looking up at the sky, and I could see the sun starting to peek through, the sky going from a dark, to a bright blue, with little specs of light. The trees were swaying ever-so gently in the wind, the leaves twitching a bit. There were dew drops on the leaves, the bark looked moist and healthy, the grass around the bottom wet and vibrant. The wind was hitting my face as I peddled on home, throwing my hair behind my face, strands whipping my neck as I continued on.

By the time I got home I could see the flowers in my front yard perking up, ready for the day. The green, purple, pink, yellow and orange all mixing together beautifully. A few ants scurried across the wood and away from the moist, rich, dark brown soil. It was absolutely beautiful. I saw the most insignificant things, things that I see every single day, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I wanted to touch everything, feel it, smell it, embrace it.

It's weird to describe, but ever since I was diagnosed with Diabetes in grade 8, those feelings have dulled. I still enjoy the fresh breeze and such, but the sensation isn't as real as it was when I was, say, 12.

For me it's canoeing on a calm lake, just after dinner when the sun is setting...or laying on a field on a warm (not crazy hot) day - with just the right amount of wind

The laughter of my kids, the smell of bread baking, the smell and feel of fall and the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but this one combined with the feeling of snuggling my teddy is an awesome feeling. I just feel so cozy and relaxed and's really cool.

Also, when I hear a really good song on a beautiful just gets me motivated and makes me feel like life is so awesome.

I would have to say the one little thing that I love is when I walk outside in the morning or late evening and you just have the perfect temp were it's not hot or cold it's so peacefull and I love that feeling and what makes it really special is I can only experiance days like that maybe 5 times a year.