Thread: getting rid of that baby smell

Default getting rid of that baby smell

I like using baby powder when diapering up, but i can't get rid of that smell from my hands when done. Most of the time, this isn't a problem. But when i go out this is a little of a concern. I have tried washing them a numbers of times but the smell is still there. Is there a way to get rid of that smell from your hands?

use wipes to clean your hands off, use an unscented wipe. if that doesn't work I would recommend using gloves when changing as it keeps the powder off your hands and reduces the chance of powder getting on the tapes and making them not stick, good for when you want to apply a barrier cream as well.

I thought about using gloves but too impersonal. I know that is weird since i change myself, but that's how i feel. But unscented wipe might do the trick.

Just a thought, but lots of hand pump soaps have a strong fragrance. Maybe try using one of those, and at the worst you just smell like hand soap .

Thaguy123

Wash your hands with warm water!

Cherub

the lingering fragrance of baby powder fades quick enough as it is. I guess I'm wondering why this would be a problem? I use baby powder too, but have never had a problem with a lingering smell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    the lingering fragrance of baby powder fades quick enough as it is. I guess I'm wondering why this would be a problem? I use baby powder too, but have never had a problem with a lingering smell of it.
    Does tend to create a prevailing scent in the room where the diaper changes happen though. If anyone ever calls me on that I think I'll tell them one of my cats got ahold of a little baby powder container and batted it around a bit.

Washing your hands, paying close attention to your fingertips usually works.

I think you're probably more sensitive to the smell than someone else would be. I wouldn't worry about it. You could use one of the cleansers that has bleach in it, though it might be a little rough on the skin.