View Poll Results: Which Would you Choose?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sonic Screwdriver

6 40.00%
  • Psychic Paper

8 53.33%
  • Perception Filter

1 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who Fans: Sonic Screwdriver, Psychic Paper, or Perception Filter

Default Doctor Who Fans: Sonic Screwdriver, Psychic Paper, or Perception Filter

The Doctor has offered you one of three things for your birthday. A Sonic Screw Driver, a piece of Psychic Paper, or a makeshift Perception Filter that you can wear around your neck. You can only choose one of these things.

Sonic Screwdriver

Advantages: Psychic interface, you just point and think. It can even emit various frequencies that can temporarily stun most people and animals. Essentially it's a magic wand

Disadvantage: Has limited battery life and you're not getting another one when it dies out.

Psychic Paper

Advantages: Like the screwdriver this has a psychic interface. Show it to anyone and they see what you want them to see. Letter of recommendation from the president of the United States, backstage passes to your favorite concerts, CVS discount card, anything.

Disadvantages: If it's too big a lie, or you're not confident enough, or the person you're showing it happens to be one of those rare geniuses who can't be fooled by psychic paper, you could into a lot of trouble.

Perception Filter

Advantages: It looks like an ordinary piece of jewelry, but it gives off natural vibes that cause a person to avoid looking directly at you or noticing you're there.

Disadvantage: Cannot fool cameras or security equipment. Also, like with the psychic paper, there are some people who can resist the filter and will notice you even if you're just in their perhiphery.

Sonic Screwdriver. Hands down. It's not even a contest.

Cygnus

Yeah, Sonic Screwdriver. Psychic Paper is a very close second, but the Screwdriver would certainly be a party.

The sonic would be top of my list if it wasnt for the battery life so phychic paper has won. Sonic would win if I could charge it with a rift in time.

KJanon

obviously not the perception filter, as the doctor doesn't use it.

I would go with the Sonic Screwdriver as a first choice, but the Psychic Paper is definitely a very close second. Of course, if it was in real life, I'd probably choose the psychic paper. Can we say 'instant divorce'? How about 'nice passport' and/or 'airline tickets'!

I chose Pyschic Paper. It doesn't need batteries and I wouldn't be using it to break into any place of national security anyhow.

Pretty much it would be used for airline tickets, hotels, theme parks, concerts, Cruises etc and I'll *always* have "proof" i'm supposed to be there.

I think that the paper would be best. It would take some getting used to but after a while you'd grow an expectation that it would work so the "big lie" or "not confident enough" parts wouldn't be an issue.

The screwdriver is nice but the battery life makes it kind of useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Point View Post
    I think that the paper would be best. It would take some getting used to but after a while you'd grow an expectation that it would work so the "big lie" or "not confident enough" parts wouldn't be an issue.
    However: