Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need help accepting.

Exclamation need help accepting.

hi everyone, my name is jake, i am 18 years old and i am a diaper lover. My diaper life is difficult and sometimes i can be really down about being one. Sometimes i can be really hard on myself about liking diapers.. and other times i can be happy who i am. I know its all about accepting who i am because i cannot change it, but i am really struggling. has anyone got any ideas? i have become really depressed about this lately, and am in search for some help. I have created a blog actually to try and just get all my feelings out about being a diaper lover, and just some general other posts about me (Living Sidewards) I decided to join this website because i know we all basically like the same thing so i won't be judged or anything i know your all good people and i am really thankful for that.
    anyways, if you guys could please just send me a reply that would be great..
    Jake.

I can't force you to accept it, but this may help.
    -Realize how much easier your life will be once you accept it. No more internal conflicts with yourself.
    -Think about how much joy diapers bring you. Not many people can get fantasy's this easily.
    -Understand it is simple enjoyement that doesn't hurt others and yourself if you don't let it controll you.
    You are not alone in the world with the diaper desires! It may be strange because people don't talk about this kind of stuff regardless what thier fetish is. Imagine a world where people tell everybody their fetishes? Could you imagine knowing you dad is into feet and you sister is into latex and your mom is into vomit? My point is, just because it is talked about openly doesn't mean you are alone. Heck we all probably have meet somebody with similar interests and had not knowin it.

Accepting Diaper Loving can be quite tricky. I know it was in my case.

I've been a DL for as long as i can remember. Before I was double-digit years old.

I personally think that being AB/DL is way more than a fetish, it's a lifestyle.

It's stronger than any feeling I've ever experienced. It's stronger than intoxication. It's even stronger than nicotine addiction. I found that out the hard way. Trying to just "quit". It never worked. I came crawling back to my DL side. I had done everything I could think of to try to put it behind me, but it wasn't to be.

I have a job, obviously. At this current job, a few months in, I was in jeopardy of being fired. For some reason the bosses wanted to give me another chance, but I had to do some pretty tough physical labor. Shortly after starting the physical work at my job, I had my epiphany moment. I was laying in bed just thinking about my DL side and how it had effected my life, and I realized it had made me miserable. I had been struggling with it for 2/3's of my life! Wow, talk about wasted time! Now, my damn DL side was threatening my job!

I really was struggling. I was fighting myself, and getting no where fast. I realized if I kept this up, I would be out of a job, and probably depressed. I laid in bed just thinking. I know not everyone here is a believer in God, but I am. I don't usually like to annoy God too much, but that night I asked for help. I asked for Him to help me straighten myself out, to help me choose the correct path to set down for myself in regards to my DL side. When I woke up the next morning, I felt different. I felt good... about myself and felt like... I was ready to move forward. I realized then, that I was a DL, and it was alright.

Now, I tell my story because it seems that you are struggling to accept yourself because it isn't really something you want a part of your life. I totally get that. I hated that I had to have these feelings, and everyone else was "perfectly normal". But, it comes down to just doing what feels good. We live in a society that is more accepting that before, which is nice, because AB/DL isn't exactly an everyday normal thing.

The first step of accepting needs to come from you. How, or when it will happen; none of us can say. For me, just trying to let go of my self hatred allowed me to do it, and finally move on with my life with a smile on my face.

(had to give you the abridged version, unfortunately. Gotta go to work )

Hi Jake, welcome to ADISC! You will be most welcome here I know, it does not matter what part of the world you come from, although you are nearby (Australia) everyone is much the same and goes through the same feelings as you are.

The fact that you have identified yourself as different from your current friends does not mean you are alone in life... (never think your are the only one) and being a DL does not change your life.. think of it as a style in clothes, a style of haircut, a fashion, -it does not matter.. Whether your straight or gay I know you certainly here you are among friends here.. and in life generally as long as you do not push your lifestyle down the throats of others.. no one really cares - and nor should they.

You may meet others locally or in your country that have the same interest, and you may or may not choose to meet up with them.. but just be accepting of others.

Society is accepting of many different traits. Do not think of yourself as odd/queer/strange or anything other than normal.. cos that is what you and we are... just part of society which makes up life.. but maywe are a smaller part than others choose to accept!

Being a DL does not mean you are anything other than normal, do not worry about it, relax in your own space.. Do not pressure others into it or expose them to it unless you think they would like to participate and then think very carefully how you approach informing them of your intentions if that is your desire.

Many DL's play on their own, and whilst chatting over the net is one thing, openly playing with others is a bit more taboo - although certainly is not unheard of and there are many ppl that play together.

You are weclome to reply here, or PM if you wish.. but please do not feel you are alone in your thoughts.. because there are many - many ppl like you.. (and me)

Good luck Jake

Thankyou all for your answers they made me feel really really good. If i add you, dont be freaked out because i couldnt personal message you because im a new member -sighs-

Yes it can tack some time to get use to it. And after i wale you maybe relies that to wear diapers is a part of who you are and that can be a very hard thing to change.

hey, sorry im trying to bloody message back to you but i cant, and i thought that if i added you it would work... link me your blog so we can talk

Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    Accepting Diaper Loving can be quite tricky. I know it was in my case.

I've been a DL for as long as i can remember. Before I was double-digit years old.

I personally think that being AB/DL is way more than a fetish, it's a lifestyle.

It's stronger than any feeling I've ever experienced. It's stronger than intoxication. It's even stronger than nicotine addiction. I found that out the hard way. Trying to just "quit". It never worked. I came crawling back to my DL side. I had done everything I could think of to try to put it behind me, but it wasn't to be.

I have a job, obviously. At this current job, a few months in, I was in jeopardy of being fired. For some reason the bosses wanted to give me another chance, but I had to do some pretty tough physical labor. Shortly after starting the physical work at my job, I had my epiphany moment. I was laying in bed just thinking about my DL side and how it had effected my life, and I realized it had made me miserable. I had been struggling with it for 2/3's of my life! Wow, talk about wasted time! Now, my damn DL side was threatening my job!

I really was struggling. I was fighting myself, and getting no where fast. I realized if I kept this up, I would be out of a job, and probably depressed. I laid in bed just thinking. I know not everyone here is a believer in God, but I am. I don't usually like to annoy God too much, but that night I asked for help. I asked for Him to help me straighten myself out, to help me choose the correct path to set down for myself in regards to my DL side. When I woke up the next morning, I felt different. I felt good... about myself and felt like... I was ready to move forward. I realized then, that I was a DL, and it was alright.

Now, I tell my story because it seems that you are struggling to accept yourself because it isn't really something you want a part of your life. I totally get that. I hated that I had to have these feelings, and everyone else was "perfectly normal". But, it comes down to just doing what feels good. We live in a society that is more accepting that before, which is nice, because AB/DL isn't exactly an everyday normal thing.

The first step of accepting needs to come from you. How, or when it will happen; none of us can say. For me, just trying to let go of my self hatred allowed me to do it, and finally move on with my life with a smile on my face.

(had to give you the abridged version, unfortunately. Gotta go to work )
    How did not accepting yourself almost make you lose your job?

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    How did not accepting yourself almost make you lose your job?
    When you're emotionally hurt, it's a lot like being physically hurt. You can't do anything, really, at your full potential. This would definitely be true of a job that involved heavy physical labour. This past year I had to make some changes in my life because I was in a really bad place emotionally, and it affected my ability to do my job (which doesn't involve physical labour); the day after I did what I had to, I performed at a whole new level. I can definitely see how shame over being a DL could drag you down.

Back on topic: Welcome, Jake. You're around the age I was when I first discovered the AB/DL world. Like you, I fought for a long time to find balance (and still struggle often!) For me, acceptance came when a)I accepted that this part of myself is OK, and God made me this way for a reason, and b)When I decided to put defined limits on how much I "practiced" my infantilism. So I only diaper up a couple times a week, since doing so every day would lead to feelings of shame and cause me to throw all my diapers away. This is damaging because it's not only costly, it's throwing out symbols of who you are.

I spent a good six years between discovering the AB/DL world and accepting myself. Only a few people can say they've left diapers behind. The key is not to cut them out, but to define limits and to find a purpose for your baby side. Welcome, and good luck! Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    When you're emotionally hurt, it's a lot like being physically hurt. You can't do anything, really, at your full potential. This would definitely be true of a job that involved heavy physical labour. This past year I had to make some changes in my life because I was in a really bad place emotionally, and it affected my ability to do my job (which doesn't involve physical labour); the day after I did what I had to, I performed at a whole new level. I can definitely see how shame over being a DL could drag you down.

Back on topic: Welcome, Jake. You're around the age I was when I first discovered the AB/DL world. Like you, I fought for a long time to find balance (and still struggle often!) For me, acceptance came when a)I accepted that this part of myself is OK, and God made me this way for a reason, and b)When I decided to put defined limits on how much I "practiced" my infantilism. So I only diaper up a couple times a week, since doing so every day would lead to feelings of shame and cause me to throw all my diapers away. This is damaging because it's not only costly, it's throwing out symbols of who you are.

I spent a good six years between discovering the AB/DL world and accepting myself. Only a few people can say they've left diapers behind. The key is not to cut them out, but to define limits and to find a purpose for your baby side. Welcome, and good luck! Have fun!
    Adventurer, you get it.
    In fact i think you got it.
    The key to this entire struggle, which worked for me too after i did exactly what you did.
    This balance is what normalizes this unusual practice, to a point of normality.
    Acceptance arrived shortly after this discovery.