Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Came out to a friend as trans today

Red face Came out to a friend as trans today

Well, I finally worked up the courage to tell one of my best friends about my being transgender. I chose this friend because I figured he would be accepting. Even though he was very open minded and accepting about this, it still felt like the hardest thing I've ever done.

So now that I'm at least out and have a good friend that I feel I can safely confide these feelings in, I need to figure out what's next for me. I've been considering going to my city's lgbt pride center to see what sort of free help and resources I can find there. I'm trying to find some more subtle ways to be more feminine every day. So far for this, I'm thinking things like switching my bath products to using some shower gels and women's deodorant. Also have felt that I could get away with wearing panties full time.

So that's kind of where I am in a nutshell. I'm starting to become more accepting of myself as transgender. I know the next few weeks are going to be interesting.

I am really happy for you! Really happy... You know.. We just live one time..Life is too short to be unhappy, to live YOUR life in the expectation of other people, I know its easy to say, and hard to do, but: Don't care about what othe people will think of you,just care to be happy. Go for your dreams!

- - - Updated - - -

About you know have more feminine characteristics, I would say... You know.. To shave your body hair, work with your voice ton (There some videos in youtube talking about this exactly)

Just to clarify do u mean TRANSGENDER, and not transexual? I am trans (mtf) on HRT for 7 months, NEVER felt better in my whole life. Like Drwho said, you only get 1 whatever makes you feel right.

You know, I'm not sure if I fall under transgender or transsexual. I just admit that I have wanted to be a girl for some time. I think I could potentially see myself going all the way to getting the surgery, but I feel it would be best to talk to an expert on these things first to determine what is best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex9248 View Post
    Just to clarify do u mean TRANSGENDER, and not transexual? I am trans (mtf) on HRT for 7 months, NEVER felt better in my whole life. Like Drwho said, you only get 1 whatever makes you feel right.
    Actually, the proper term is transsexual.

Sorry, but what is the diference betwewen trangender and transsexual?

Transsexualism is often included within the broader category of transgenderism, which is generally used as an umbrella term for people who do not conform to typical accepted gender roles, for example cross-dressers, transvestites, and people who identify as genderqueer. Transsexualism refers to a specific condition in the transgender realm. Thus, even though a crossdresser and transsexual are both transgender people, their conditions differ radically. Though some people use transgenderism and transsexualism interchangeably, they are not synonymous terms.

The above definition is from Wiki. I suppose I have been using an incorrect, or less than complete, description of myself. I've been using the term Trasngendered, instead of Trasnssexual. The term Transexual, to me, always had the connotation of someone who was actively taking steps to match the physical body with the inner soul ( or mind, for those who do not believe in the existance of the soul ). I am far too old now to begin the hormone regime, let alone SRS. I used the term Transgendered because I am not actively seeking the physical change, I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never have the physical form that matches my thoughts and emotions. Regardless, I will, once again, begin using the correct word, I am a Transsexual.

I don't know why, but the word "transsexual" usually feels negative to me. Kinda like how most gay people don't really like being called "fags".

Good for you and best of luck I will say wearing panties everyday is very do able I still keep mine on down low and their has been no issue, I also tend to sleep in nighties etc..., so panties are an easy one. other feminine products help to esp. shaving excess hair using a feminine deodorant will let you give off a more female queues with out causing to much of a fuss.
    any best of luck hope that helps,
    p.s. also Google Susan's transgender help she has a lot of good material their.

I just can't say just how happy i am for you!!!!!!! Reading this and your replies it's like I wrote this myself, i'm in the exact same place as you and have the same thoughts.

I to have come out to my best friend and he's been so supportive of me. I joined a Transkentucky group and can't wait for the next meeting, i my area there is no support for LGBTQ so I have to go to Lexington which is ok my uncle is taking me since i can't drive. II hope it helps me answer the questions i have.