Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What you guys thinks about suicide?

Default What you guys thinks about suicide?

So, I would like to talk about a taboo subject, in a forum about other taboo (ironic that, right? LOL)

Suicide, a people voluntarily deciding to end their existence. Thousands of people everyday all over the world comity suicide, probably right now, when I writing this text it's comity suicide. There is famous phrase, from Albert Camus:

"There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy."

So I would like ask: What you think about suicide? Did you already think on comity suicide?

- - - Updated - - -

I think that life only worth living if you are happy living, I mean if you much fucking miserable and unhappy living the life it's just not worst living... But you don't know the future, I mean, you are unhappy now, but you don't know the future, maybe in the future, like 1 year later you will be happy (Or maybe not)...

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    But you don't know the future, I mean, you are unhappy now, but you don't know the future, maybe in the future, like 1 year later you will be happy (Or maybe not)...
    ^ This is the point. Once you're dead, there simply is no more future for you, no more chances, no more anything. So, considering we have to die anyway sooner or later, and once we're dead there's no coming back, it'd better be later rather than sooner, and we should try to make some use of the one life we have instead of just wasting it... this is my personal opinion on the matter.

Well if you ask me about suicide i really disagree in fact i condemn it. Why because god already gives us life and you waste it and also if you think you have a bad life think again there are more people who have bad life but they still continue their life. And also if you ask me as a Muslim. Suicide is the the ultimate sin and if you do suicide (remember if you muslim i don't know about other religion) you will straight to the hell

I think it's very unfortunate and sad when a person is suicidal, but I also understand, because I've been there. It's the worst feeling when you feel like there's nothing left for you, no hope, no reason to go on living...it's absolutely horrid. I definitely sympathize with people who are suicidal, but I'm glad that I never acted on my own thoughts, although I still find myself wondering sometimes, what's the point? Thankfully, these thoughts are much rarer than they used to be.

If you want to commit suicide go ahead but do not...
    -commit suicide in a way that involves others. Ie. suicide by cop, jumping into traffic etc.
    -commint suicide if you have kids/ wife/ good parents
    -make it messy, blow your brains out, jump off building/ overpass

Do...
    -Write a suicide note, no use wasting police time investigating if it is a murder or not.
    -Try to fix your depression first
    -know that what comes next is not good... If you believe the athists nothing happens, so not bad, but if you are christian you burn in hell forever. I don't know about other religions sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Well if you ask me about suicide i really disagree in fact i condemn it. Why because god already gives us life and you waste it and also if you think you have a bad life think again there are more people who have bad life but they still continue their life. And also if you ask me as a Muslim. Suicide is the the ultimate sin and if you do suicide (remember if you muslim i don't know about other religion) you will straight to the hell
    I have a question. What if the person who committed suicide had a mental illness that made them much more likely to commit suicide? What if the person had very severe depression? What if the medication they are taking makes them more prone to suicidal thoughts and actions? Some people who commit suicides do so because they aren't in their right minds, because they have a disorder, which isn't their fault, that makes it much harder to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I ask you, what does God think of mentally ill people who kill themselves under those circumstances? Or the old and infirm that choose euthanasia over a long, drawn out suffering? Do these people earn God's ultimate scorn even though the circumstances of their deaths are suicidal, but not without good reason and cause? It is generally true that suicide is a permanent solution to a impermanent problem, but that is not always so apparent if you're mentally ill, and sometimes, if you're sick and old, it is indeed the right solution.

I'm against suicide. Life has intrinsic value, everything that human beings do is in some way connected to the fostering or creating of life. Suicide is often part of that, as some who commit suicide do so out of guilt for damage done, or under the impression that it will improve the lives of others. I do believe that any suicidal person need helps, deserves help. As miserable as one's life is, it can almost always be improved. I, for one, am happy to be a part of the great, absurd drama that is life. All the ecstasy and all the agony is worth sticking around for.

RunningEasy: regardless of a note, SOP for Law Enforcement is to assume murder; too, not every religion condemns all suicide

My person view is that it is Very Serious Decision and nearly always the wrong choice. There is, broadly, one exception to that: intractable, terminal pain. If one is already dying (inevitably and in the near future) and in a great deal of untreatable pain, why prolong the agony. Mind you, this doesn't negate the need to put one's affairs in order first. I honestly can't see why, in this very limited circumstance, it's ethical or moral to require someone to continue suffering.

As someone who suffers from depression, this is a very hard topic for me. While i do not think suicide is the right choice, i have had thses thoughts myself and can sympathize with people and understand prople who try to commit suicide. I am also a christian, and this is a highly controversial topic. Some say it is wrong, and others believe it is forgivable. I fall into the latter category as i believe and was taught by more than one knowledgable person that there is only one unforgivable sin, and that is.turning away from god. I not trying to say that other religions are wrong; i am only saying what I believe. This is just my two cents. Feel free to ask questions.

babybrybry123

Ive went through a suicideal time in my life and i think its very selfish the pain the suicidal person is in is nothing compared to the pain it will casue others if suicide is comitted, It is a perminent soultion to a temporary problem.