Thread: What do you look for in a bottle?

Default What do you look for in a bottle?

I wanted to make this into a poll, but I can't figure out how. Maybe it's because I just joined and don't have access to certain things... oh and if this is in the wrong section, or a thread like this already exists, mods feel free to do your thing...

Well anyway, I'm just curious what kind of bottle everyone prefers. What factor mattered most to you when you picked yours out? The color/design? The size? The teat size?

For me, personally, I looked for size first. Sadly, most cute bottles/sippy cups are really tiny, and I like to get my drink on. (I drink a lot when I'm thirsty, and a 5oz bottle just won't cut it.) I was really excited when I saw some individual NUK Orthodontic 10-oz bottles at Target (at other stores I kept seeing them in 3-packs) and they're really nice because they're 10oz, plus they're really cute. I don't even mind the smallish teat that much, but I might get the next size up at some point (but it's not that much bigger so maybe not.) I do like that the base (or whatever you call it) of the nipple is pretty wide.

MAM makes some cute, larger bottles, but they come in 3-packs, and I've only seen them on Target's website (available online only.) They have some 11-oz(!!!) ones, and some reallyyyy cute 8-oz ones, but they're anti-colic (anyone tried anti-colic bottles? Does it even make a difference? 0-o Obviously I don't get colic...lol)

So um, yeah. Just curious about what people think!

My friend suggested the Playtex drop-ins! I just got one so far but I love it. The nipple it comes with is a slow flow but I bought the fast flow. The nipple part isn't super tiny and it's very soft. I think it was $14 for the bottle, extra pack of 2 nipples and a box of 40 liners.

I think I looked at drop-ins once, got confused, and moved on. Aesthetically, I prefer the regular plastic bottles with no bag things or whatever. But, it would be interesting to try. You'd have to always replace the liners though, which...well, I guess it wouldn't be that annoying, but extra cost and whatnot. I do like Playtex products...I have several of their binkies and one of their sippy cups, and really like them a lot. $14 seems kind of a lot for just one bottle to me, though. Is it because it's a drop-in? (Did the liners and nipples come with it? That would make more sense...) My NUK one was like, half that...

I wonder if the Playtex nipples would fit other bottles. I'll have to check them out!

The bottle comes with 8 liners I think and one nipple already but it's a slow flow. I think the bottle itself is only $5-7 . I've had other bottles in the past... Gerber ones that are now discontinued for the bpa or whatever. But I love this Playtex one. I only get one or two bottles a day do I'll only have to get liners maybe once a month. So not that bad ..plus it's easy clean up .

I personally love Avent bottles. They come in sizes up to 11oz and have a nice wide nipple. They are anti-colic, which really just helps with air flow. They're easy to clean, and I've found that you can use the Playtex nipples with them. Their sippy nipples and handles are also fun to put on sometimes. They come in packs of one or three typically, and start at about $4. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	103141590-260x260-0-0_Avent+Philips+Avent+11oz+Bottle+w+Medium+Flow+Nipp.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	13374

Supersam1223

Quote Originally Posted by neonnoodle View Post
    I personally love Avent bottles. They come in sizes up to 11oz and have a nice wide nipple. They are anti-colic, which really just helps with air flow. They're easy to clean, and I've found that you can use the Playtex nipples with them. Their sippy nipples and handles are also fun to put on sometimes. They come in packs of one or three typically, and start at about $4. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	103141590-260x260-0-0_Avent+Philips+Avent+11oz+Bottle+w+Medium+Flow+Nipp.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	13374
    This. ^_^