Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid FedEx

Default Stupid FedEx

I placed an order from ABU and was supposed to receive it today via FedEx. Well according to the tracking number it was delivered over an hour ago but I didn't see it anywhere on the doorstep or around my house. I guess ABU notified FedEx and hopefully I'll get my order by tomorrow. Either that or hopefully they'll send out another one for me. I just hope if it was delivered to the wrong address that nobody opens the box. I've never had this happen before and of course the first time it does it had to be with something I'd like to keep private. ARRRGHHH!!!!!!!!!

PullupKid

I know your pain.

Once, I ordered a package through UPS, and I saw the UPS truck in my neighborhood, and my package was due that day. The truck drove right past. I checked on the tracker later, and it said "first attempt." But the driver never attempted to deliver the package. I got it a few days later after the same incident happened multiple times.

Also, my order of a book I needed for school the next day was lost I thought. It was actually on my porch hidden behind a potted plant.

TheGamefreak

Oh i hate FedEx, they had to deliver something that needed a signature once (I think it was a replacement phone or something) but they didn't try knocking on the door to see if anyone was home just put a you-missed-us slip and left. Irritating to have to drive all the way down to their local center and pick it up from there (at least that's what i had to do) and yes, UPS loves to hide their packages around here too. i almost lost one of mine when it was hidden in my bushes I didn't expect it to be outside my porch when its raining out...

Agreed. All the stuff I sell online on eBay, I always use USPS because I've shipped hundreds of things with them, not a single lost package. Shipped three things with UPS and the one thing that could break broke. Had insurance but they blamed me for poor packaging, which is their standby excuse for self-packed boxes. Fedex is the same way.

One of the funniest things that I've ever experienced was when I was expecting a book for school from UPS. I lived in a big 16 unit apartment complex. Four or five units were expecting packages (college town, so everyone buys books from Amazon). The first door the UPS guy went to wasn't home, so he did the "first attempt" thing. When he did that, it marked the message across all four/five packages all at once, so no one else got their packages. Turns out the UPS guy hit the wrong button and was very apologetic the next day.

Well at least ABU was pretty helpful with their live customer support. They sent out a trace on my package so I guess I'll find out more tomorrow... I hope and said it would require the driver to give a statement as to what happened. I also emailed FedEx about it and they responded by saying they're currently researching the incident and received a request for more info on my behalf. I can only hope FedEx will make it right. I wish ABU had the option of USPS as I never had any problems from them. I'll keep you guys posted.

that's good, i would have complained and been like wtf fedex??? i recently had to yell at a company cus i ordered like 27$ worth of crap and only got the 50 cent item extra and they completely got mad at people

Packages get lost and temporarily misplaced all the time, doesn't really matter who delivers them. I deal with fedex daily, the biggest problems happen when there are substitutes running routes. Packages get delivered to the wrong addresses a lot then. Otherwise it's usually shipping labels getting damaged and causing a day or two delay. We got 2 of 3 boxes on Monday and I looked and the shipper said we shipped 3 and fedex says they only picked up 2. Contacted the seller, ok we will send a replacement and they did. Said to myself "I bet we receive the missing package in a few days". Come Wednesday we received the replacement, AND the missing package. Torn shipping label stumped their automatic readers/sorters again. This has happened three times to us that I can recall.

Sometimes they deliver to the wrong address and the receiver notifies us directly, or it gets picked up by the dropper the next day and in a day or two we get it. BUT sometimes the place they deliver to by accident KEEPS it and won't tell anyone they got it. (my theory anyway) So in those cases it sometimes takes a week or more for them to decide it's truly lost while they were shipping it and they can't find it, and arrange for insurance or whatever and get the shipper reimbursed so they will send another one. The main company we work with really isn't affected by a few lost shipments (big name) so they just send a replacement immediately if there's an obvious problem with us getting the item. For them, us having the inventory to keep their customers happy is the higher priority.

So, best case, you receive the package a day or two late. OR the shipper sends a replacement AND you end up getting the lost one later too like we just did. Bonus! or, Worst case it may take 7-10 days for fedex to decide they lost it and then you wait for shipping again for the replacement so maybe 2 weeks from now to get it.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pawlf View Post
    I placed an order from ABU and was supposed to receive it today via FedEx. Well according to the tracking number it was delivered over an hour ago but I didn't see it anywhere on the doorstep or around my house. I guess ABU notified FedEx and hopefully I'll get my order by tomorrow. Either that or hopefully they'll send out another one for me. I just hope if it was delivered to the wrong address that nobody opens the box. I've never had this happen before and of course the first time it does it had to be with something I'd like to keep private. ARRRGHHH!!!!!!!!!
    You think yours is frustrating wait until you see this; Deliveries gone wild - YouTube
    It has UPS and FedEx miss handaling packages on camera. I saw this on the news last year.

Warning: Youtube is acting up for me so it might not work.
    Last edited by UNKNOW; 13-Jul-2012 at 07:36. Reason: Youtube

Well the situation was resolved and I received my order. The box wasn't opened by anyone but was a little bent out of shape. ABU was very helpful and this is the second time I've ordered from them. They'll have me as a repeat customer in the future!