Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal advice on using diapers regularly

Lightbulb Personal advice on using diapers regularly

So at college I buy diapers and wear them a lot but I hardly ever use them for fear of getting dependent on them. When I'm not away at college I live with my parents at home and only this summer have I had the courage to buy diapers and keep them in the house and wear them at night from time to time. Both my parents are still alive and that's where the problem is.

For a long time I've struggled with these desires and the worst case scenario I can think of is if my dad finds out and is completely ashamed of me because of it. Mom could know and that wouldn't bother me but for some reason if Dad knows then it would be devastating to me!!!!!! :O

So down to the question: should I use diapers regularly like I want to at college even though I may become dependent on them and have to explain all of this to them???????

Any advice would be very very very much appreciated and thanks in advance!

It would take a long time and focusing to become incontinent, I wouldn't worry.

Wear them, You will not become completely dependent....

Thank you both for your input You have very much put my mind at ease about it and that is invaluable!

I say just tell them because when my paraents found out that i liked diapers, they were pissed off at me.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfAndHalf View Post
    So at college I buy diapers and wear them a lot but I hardly ever use them for fear of getting dependent on them. When I'm not away at college I live with my parents at home and only this summer have I had the courage to buy diapers and keep them in the house and wear them at night from time to time. Both my parents are still alive and that's where the problem is.

For a long time I've struggled with these desires and the worst case scenario I can think of is if my dad finds out and is completely ashamed of me because of it. Mom could know and that wouldn't bother me but for some reason if Dad knows then it would be devastating to me!!!!!! :O

So down to the question: should I use diapers regularly like I want to at college even though I may become dependent on them and have to explain all of this to them???????

Any advice would be very very very much appreciated and thanks in advance!
    Hey HalfAndHalf,

I've been through a situation like yours. It is way harder at home, I agree. What I would suggest is to try and regulate how often you use diapers, both at home and at college. There are lots of reasons to do this. First, you won't be spending as much. Second, you won't get so into them you become ashamed later and end up purging them, which is costly and makes you feel bad. Also, you won't be generating as many dirty diapers, which are tough to conceal and get rid of in your parents' house. You'll actually find you enjoy it more and are less anxious if you use them a bit less - maybe a couple times a week. Give it a try and see what happens.

That said, if you can find a good hiding place and disposal system, by all means continue wearing at home. It's fun and relaxing - two things summers after college should be! Just be careful to hide them where they won't be found and you're good to go.

One last point: using diapers won't make you incontinent. You'd have to wear them constantly and never hold your pee in to break your control. Basically, you'd be undoing about twenty years of practice using the toilet. Recreational diaper use won't destroy your control. Have fun, and good luck! (And welcome to ADISC, by the way).

I say just tell them because when my paraents found out that i liked diapers, they were pissed off at me.
    I don't know if you have to do this. Especially if you're afraid of how they'll react. Just don't get caught! (Hey, it's worked well for me so far).

Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOW View Post
    They were pissed at you?!?! I don't think I see the point you are making I am afraid because that would be an argument not to tell them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    One last point: using diapers won't make you incontinent. You'd have to wear them constantly and never hold your pee in to break your control. Basically, you'd be undoing about twenty years of practice using the toilet. Recreational diaper use won't destroy your control.
    I feel like that is common knowledge on here but I figured two semesters worth of it that it would become second nature, but thank you for educating me!!! it's always good to learn something new

Unless you go 24/7 for months (years?) at a time, I think you're safe. Wet bed or two maybe, but nothing serious.

I would be your self and if that's what you choose to do then that is what you do. Be yourself that's what makes everyone who they Are today. If wearing is what you like and makes you happy then they Should understand I'm sure they would want you to be unhAppy

I have worn all the time and have never became dependent on them. But it does mess your bladder up like the feel to go more often and only little comes out, the feel to have to go all the time when you don't need to go, not being able to pee normally in the potty so not all of it comes out when you go so you would have to push the rest out. That is what they did for me.