Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you truly trust Obama

Default Do you truly trust Obama

I'm going to ask this as one of the few conservatives here and somewhat in response to the Palin thread.

I've heard quite a bit questioning Sarah Palin's experience, though few seem to be questioning Barack Obama's experience. All that Obama has in experience is 2 years as a Senator, a little experience in Congress and some time spent as a community organizer and author of his memoirs. I would like to know how people can trust him, a man with very little experience compared to John McCain to lead us through what looks like tough economic times, the changing face of foreign trade namely China, and deal effectively with what is going on in the war on terror. I'm going to say this, America has been effective at preventing terrorist attacks since 9/11 under the Bush administration. How can you be sure that Obama will continue this trend of keeping our nation safe?

Republicans and Democrats alike will probably blink when I say this. Hell, especially for me being such a damned gung-ho conservative!

I trust any man who is running for president to run this country.

That seems like it would be a really slippery thing to say, but becoming a presidential candidate is absolutely no easy task -- if there were any dark secrets, any foul intentions, anything there that could speak to someone's lack of character, it would have been discovered. I trust that both McCain and Obama have the country's best interest in mind, and that they will do their best to see to the prosper of the country, if following entirely different political ethics.

In being a Republican, it's not that I despise Democrats. Instead, it's that my own beliefs in policy and the direction of our nation lie in a Republican mindset. Am I opposed to Democrats running our country? Not at all -- I just want it to be a man I trust, and yes, I do trust Obama. I have to remember that this awesome country could not function if it weren't for the balance of power between (at least) two parties, so I too can be happy to see a Democrat win! It just means that our country is functioning like our forefathers intended it.

i've kept out of most of this because a) it's boring, b) i loathe all politicians and c) i'm not american...... but i did catch a glimpse of both wanabee 'dents on a telly prog about the current finance fiasco and, for both their differing personalities, i don't rate either.
    if CHANGE is what's needed, why bother to swap a rich man for the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I'm going to say this, America has been effective at preventing terrorist attacks since 9/11 under the Bush administration. How can you be sure that Obama will continue this trend of keeping our nation safe?
    that statement is like saying that is like saying that because I latch the screen door at night i haven't had a home invasion.
    We are still completely vulnerable to a terrorist attack. they just haven't attempted to attack us.

Butterfly Mage

I plan on voting for Obama. I don't neccessarily TRUST Obama, but I happen to trust McCain LESS.

Obama may have very little experience, but Palin has even less. McCain's mental and physical condition appears to be deteriorating very rapidly, and the thought of President Palin (at least now) is simply unacceptable to me.

Hey, I'm Conservative, and I think Obama would, so to speak, mess everything up. If I were allowed to vote, I'd stay out of it. Either candidate is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperdude View Post
    Hey, I'm Conservative, and I think Obama would, so to speak, mess everything up. If I were allowed to vote, I'd stay out of it. Either candidate is bad.
    how could any one mess up thing any more then bush did?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    how could any one mess up thing any more then bush did?
    The same way that someone could mess English up more than you did.

i'll just say, it wasn't Mccain who was personal friends of the guy who ran a plane into the Pentagon.

I don't fully trust him but I believe he will be much better the McCain.