Thread: An introduction

Default An introduction

So... here we go!

I'm a 23 y/o male DL and sometimes AB from Canada. I'm a university student and I also do freelance work.

A bit of background info on me. I feel like I've been a DL for as long as I can remember and same thing with the AB side of me. The first time I clearly remember this was when I was 3 or 4. Since then, I've had the urge to wear diapers and it never went away. When I was 15, depression, stress, anxiety and bullying brought me a bunch of medical problems, including bedwetting and some daytime wetting. My nerves were always on the verge of breaking and after a bottom surgery, some of my problems were fixed. I had other bouts with depression and incontinence later on in life, mostly due to stress from other things.

Somehow, I've began to really embrace my ABDL side of me last week. My gf was visiting and I sort of came out to her. We went shopping and I bought a teddy bear, a blankie and some coloring books. She sort of understands but I don't want to push my DL side on her yet since my bouts with incontinence were anything but "leisure". I'm pretty much hoping to be able to slowly bring this in our lives and see where it takes us. From my point of view, I've been struggling with this part of who I am for too long and want to finally accept that this is a part of me. Diapers bring me peace, relaxation, comfort, confidence.

I'm saying this because I've always been the lone wolf since kindergarden. My last bout with depression brought me on a sick leave for 4 months and I'm taking back the control of every aspect of my life. I feel like this part of me is the last one that I haven't totally grasped and I can't deny it anymore. I'm glad I finally got to share this with my girlfriend. I'm away from home for the summer and it's the perfect opportunity to find my own boundaries but also to slowly get her used to the idea that this is who I am, even thought it does not change anything to the way we interact. For me, to be able to come on a message board and say "This is it. I love to wear diapers, I love this thing about me" might be one of the hugest things I've ever done.

So. Other than that. I live an amazing life outside of my ABDL side of me. I write, work in the media industry and study in that domain. Music is my life (For real!). I love longboarding, anything related to the news, coffee, beer, nights out with friends, roadtrips. I'm perfectly bilingual (English and French) and I will play crazy amounts of SNES Mario Kart.

I already sort of answered the reason behind joining this site. I'm slowly accepting that this is who I am. I need a place where I can get advice, but also share this part of me and embrace it.

That's basically it. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by oceansmackdl View Post
    That's basically it. For now.
    Great intro and welcome to the boards.

What are you currently studying? What sort of freelance work do you do? I'm also a fan of Mario Kart, though the N64 version really opens doors that were missing from SNES. Namely the immersive environments and the massive jumps.

I'm studying communications and journalism. Most of the work I do is within that domain, although I do pretty much anything from reporting to translating.

I'm a bigger fan of the SNES version, mostly because I didn't have a N64 until I was 19 haha. I do find the N64 controller pretty awkward to handle tho. (Yeah I'm that kind of nerd/geek)

As one who has also struggled with depression, welcome to ADISC. Diapering and treating myself like a little kid really helped get me thru my episodes of depression. Prozac also helped a lot. A combination of therapy and medication is always the best. You say you are bi-lingual in English and French. Would you happen to be from Quabec?

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld08 View Post
    A combination of therapy and medication is always the best. You say you are bi-lingual in English and French. Would you happen to be from Quabec?
    In my case, I've only had therapy which has been the biggest reason for being able to go beyond this. No, I'm not from Quebec, there are lots of other people around the Country who happen to speak the two languages Thanks for the welcome guys.s

Quote Originally Posted by oceansmackdl View Post
    I'm a bigger fan of the SNES version, mostly because I didn't have a N64 until I was 19 haha. I do find the N64 controller pretty awkward to handle tho. (Yeah I'm that kind of nerd/geek)
    It did take some getting used to. 007 Golden Eye trained me well and if I recall, I bought a smaller controller that wasn't so bulky. I remember the X-box controllers being pretty daunting, but thankfully they released smaller ones for people who were not related to Andre the Giant.

In my case, I've only had therapy which has been the biggest reason for being able to go beyond this
    I've been adamant about avoiding the shrinks who have a "my pill solves all" mentality. I made sure my current therapist knows not to even bring it up.

For sure! My issues were brought up by external factors (bullying, stress, an awful work environnement). I prefered to work around those issues than try to rebalance my brain's chemics. So far, so good, I've been learning to cope with depression and ever since then, I'm not struggling as much as I used to.

Depression is a serious condition that most people see as "a bad phase" and it's far from that. It's something that has followed me from a very young age and that I'm learning to accept. The diagnosis was supposed to make me weaker but I really feel like I came out stronger than ever. The fact that I'm coming to terms with being a DL/AB really shows it.

I wasn't sure where to put this, so here we go:

I had this awesome conversation with my current girlfriend (of 5 years) where I came clean on a bunch of stuff about me, from accepting that everything makes me nervous to some drinking issues I've had in the past. It gave me the perfect opportunity to finally explain to her what my ABDL-ism is all about. I did sort of gave her a quick introduction last week when she visited, but it was only a way to put everything in perspective.

So, I told her about how it makes me feel, how much it means to me, how come that I feel that way and most importantly, that it's something that I can't avoid and that I need to experience. I gave her some boundaries and made sure that she understood that she didn't have to be a part of it, that it's just a part of me that I need to express. Like I said, by accepting that I love to wear diapers and act out some of my AB feelings, I stay away from so many negative things in my life.

I was expecting her to be creeped out and overwhelmed by all that. For the most part, she understood it and didn't mind it that much. She also seemed glad that I was at the point where I could share those things with her and when I said that "I know all of this is weird" she said "Well, no not really.".

I am now at a completely new step in my life as an ABDL, one where I can be myself with my soulmate without feeling bad about it. Not only do I feel lucky to share my life with her, I'm also grateful that I was able to do the things the right way for once. Things are looking up.

Awesome glad to have you here. I know a bit of French from my time in high school, but sadly most of it is gone. I am a huge fan of the SNES, and now with the Wii we can relive those good old days. Wish you the best.