Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you leave a package of drynites in the view of everyone?

Default Would you leave a package of drynites in the view of everyone?

This happened last weekend. I was stuck in (holiday) traffic and while the traffic jam was slowly moving I was constantly passed by a car with two teenage boys on the back seat. On the rear shelf was an opened package of Drynites (boys 8-15y version). They were focused on their tablets and didn't seem to mind that people could see the package.

I was really amazed. When I was twelve I wouldn't want anyone to know that I was wearing diapers and most certainly have removed the package from view while in a traffic jam.
    Last edited by MarkMayem; 10-Jul-2012 at 02:10.

This falls under the category of jumping to conclusions. It's like assuming the kid next door is a bedwetter because his parents hang bedsheets out to dry. Or seeing someone buy diapers at the grocery store and assuming it's for them.

I believe you saw two teenaged boys in a car. I believe you saw a package of Drynites on the shelf. I do not believe these things are related.

Well the package could be for someone else like relatives child or a friend's child who is coming to stay. Also who cares what strangers think. They will never see you again. For all I know maybe the parent bought them for herself for her periods. Some women prefer to wear pull ups for their heavy periods for extra protection. Some have said online they wear Depends for their periods.

Quote Originally Posted by NateSean View Post
    This falls under the category of jumping to conclusions. It's like assuming the kid next door is a bedwetter because his parents hang bedsheets out to dry. Or seeing someone buy diapers at the grocery store and assuming it's for them.

I believe you saw two teenaged boys in a car. I believe you saw a package of Drynites on the shelf. I do not believe these things are related.
    Yes, I can imagine you say that.
    But if I see my neighbour hanging out cloth diapers to dry in the garden I would assume that at least one person in their househould is wearing them.

As for me jumping to conclusions. There's an observation later that I didn't post and that is that later at the petrol station I saw them coming coming out of the handicapped toilet with their dad.
    You'd probably say that I still can draw the conclusion.

But still, would you leave a package of diapers for everyone to see in your car even if it isn't meant for you?
    Last edited by MarkMayem; 10-Jul-2012 at 02:02. Reason: wrong quote

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMayem View Post
    Yes, I can imagine you say that.
    But if I see my neighbour hanging out cloth diapers to dry in the garden I would assume that at least one person in their househould is wearing them.

As for me jumping to conclusions. There's an observation later that I didn't post and that is that later at the petrol station I saw them coming coming out of the handicapped toilet with their dad.
    You'd probably say that I still can draw the conclusion.

But still, would you leave a package of diapers for everyone to see in your car even if it isn't meant for you?
    None disabled people use handicapped toilets. I have used them before and they aren't exclusively for disabled people. They are just there to accommodate them and they are not like handicapped parking spots. Heck even parents with small children use them too because they need a place to put their stroller or because they don't like to leave their kids outside the stall so they have them in there with them. But this is a controversial topic because people argue rather they are for disabled people only and how there are family restrooms now so they should be using those than the handicap stalls.

As sarcasm I have said at yahoo Answers they should make stalls for claustrophobic people, stalls for autistic people, stalls for people who need a rail to stand up and sit, stalls for families, stalls for incontinent people, stalls for people who have tons of shopping bags with them, and so on because I think the argument about handicapped stalls is so ridiculous and not everyone looks disabled when they use them. Even though I am "disabled," I don't need to use a handicapped stall but have before because the others were taken or because it was the only one with toilet paper or just because I did and didn't think it matters and I had bags with me anyway or because I had my son with me.

As for your question, I would. I don't care what people think.

This reminds me of a story on Deeker's called Forever in Diapers how Chris Barrett's cousins had a fit about their mother hanging up his cloth diapers in the yard because she didn't want to leave them in the dryer as they were gone so she let them make a huge sign saying the diapers did not belong to them and they belong to their cousin's Chris's.

i had a car come into a shop i worked at for alittle bit, this younger lady kept a big package of kotex pads on her back dash. the car was pretty messy in general, but they were in plain site on the back dash.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    I think you need a key for the disabled toilets in the UK Calico.

Not in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    I think you need a key for the disabled toilets in the UK Calico.
    Yes, but the key is readily available (search eBay for "Radar key")

- - - Updated - - -

I think given that DryNites are gender specific, and aimed at teenagers, if you saw a male teenager and you saw an open package of boys DryNites, on the balance of probability they're more likely for him than not for him. More so when there is more than one male teenager (they're bound to be for one of them, very unlikely they have a third teenage brother at home who needs them and missed the car ride) and more likely again since you saw them using the disabled toilet with the help of dad - it doesn't prove anything but the alternative ("it's for a cousin", "heavy periods", "great for clearing up coffee spills in the car" etc) all seem less likely. If you hear hooves it's probably a horse not a zebra!

To the original question, yes I think it's strange teenagers would allow them in plain view - I'd be super embarrassed at that age, even if I knew they weren't for me, since I'd assume everyone who saw would draw their own conclusions. I guess if they needed them for the car ride they're in a convenient place for changes after an accident...

as far as small shops in the US (new construction) if it has only one restroom, it will be ADA compliant. the thing that drives me up the wall is that almost all the public stalls seem to be 4 inches shorter than I am