Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with a crib?

Default Anyone with a crib?

I have been thinking about getting a crib. My husband is okay with it. I hope he was serious about it than role playing because that be a disappointment. But I don't know how to make one and I sure wouldn't feel comfortable going around asking people if they make furniture and if they can build me one and I can pay them for it. But there is a website that sells AB furniture and I am wondering if anyone has ever bought from them.

Adult Baby Furniture - ABDL

What was your experience with it and what would you recommend I get? I only want a crib.

But at the same time I feel nervous about it because my parents will be living with us soon and I am not sure how they would react to it because I have a kid now. But hey I am an adult so they can't tell me how to live my life. But it be in my bedroom and it be off limits to people.

Does anyone in your family know you have crib, do your friends and other relatives know too? What do they think of it? Another thing I am nervous about. But I can be honest about it by saying it's relaxing to lay in it and feels so comfortable and different and say they can try lying in it if they want. Okay it won't be the whole truth.

Oh yeah anyone here with kids? What do they think of you having a crib? Does it effect them? How do they feel about it?

Well, if you do get one I assujme your husband will still have the bed the two of you use. Plus a adult baby crib is going to at least be a twin sized mattress, so having two beds in the same room might be tricky if your room is small, you'd have to account for everything else.

Then at some point your kid will be potty training, and at some point likely just hate plain baby stuff to prove he/she is a big kid. All the while they're mom is sleeping in a crib? A crib isn't hide able and a your own kid getting into you room will happen, no matter what. you might be able to prevent your parents seening it, but even then it's not a 100% possibility they won't see it either. Plus, no matter what people will think your hiding something.

The way I see it, it's not a bright idea. your married, you have a child and your parents are going to be living with you for whatever reasons. From your posts of all the years of knowing you I don't think they'd approve of you having a kid and will more then likely cite the fact you are a parent now.

My system of morals is simple... Do whatever you want as long as it won't affect anyone else negatively. With a kid you could unintentionally (I hope), turn your kid into an abdl, negatively affecting them, because one of their role models still sleeps in a crib and wears diapers so why shouldn't they. Having a kid is a major sacrifice unfortunately I think a crib is just something you will have to give up.

Yeah we will still have a bed for the both of us to sleep in and the bedroom will be big enough for a twin sized crib. My husband said we would have it up in the attic but I think he is nuts about it. For one, it's like a crawl space and two, it be too hot and dusty and cold up there. He had that crazy idea because I was worried about having it in our house and people seeing it and he said "we'll have it up in the attic and I can put you in it up there." I have never been up there when I looked at the house so I don't know if it's insulated or has lights up there. I never asked.

Plus he has tried to have me sleep in our son's crib but I am afraid I would break it with my weight because it's made to hold toddlers and babies, not people my size. It's an IKEA crib. I have no idea how much they hold.

Plus I thought about maybe just keep all my stuffed animals in the adult crib if we get one and I can keep throwing junk in it when I have to clean the floor. Even before we had our son, he talked about getting me one and having it in the guest bedroom but I protested because I was afraid of his family seeing it and my parents and anyone else. My biggest excuse was "They are too expensive."

soakedpampers, why would you hope it would unintentionally turn my kid into a ABDL? I hope that was a typo you did there.

i think you should follow your heart... i am not sure how much you weigh... but i know that over the weekend i was able to sleep in a baby crib and i weigh like 200 and i didnt break it... it was comfy and cute... it was something i have always wanted to explorer and i finally had a chance to do it and i said why not... i think you should try your sons crib first... once you put 1 leg in it your feel if it will handle you.. then gently lower yourself.. spend like 20mins in it... then maybe an hr, then take a nap in it... then maybe have your son sleep in a playpen for a night and you sleep in the crib... if your heart wants to sleep in a crib go for it..... i am so glad i did i feel happy and it was awesome experience..

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    soakedpampers, why would you hope it would unintentionally turn my kid into a ABDL? I hope that was a typo you did there.
    I'm not sure if he was hoping your kid would turn a/dl. I know personally I wouldn't wish this on anyone, though having two parents who were ab/dl would be a huge plus for them. Since their parents would understand most if not everything their feeling, thinking or worried about. However If I ever had kids, I wouldn't really want them to be ab/dl at all even if I was their to support them. It's not exactly a great life style if your always hiding it, having constant self doubt as if people don't have enough in life as it is.

But again me and him are simply saying, your kid is young and their pretty impressionable at early ages. What would you think if you were 3-4 years old but your mom wore diapers and slept in a crib just after you got out of diapers and had your crib taken away?

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Yeah we will still have a bed for the both of us to sleep in and the bedroom will be big enough for a twin sized crib. My husband said we would have it up in the attic but I think he is nuts about it. For one, it's like a crawl space and two, it be too hot and dusty and cold up there. He had that crazy idea because I was worried about having it in our house and people seeing it and he said "we'll have it up in the attic and I can put you in it up there." I have never been up there when I looked at the house so I don't know if it's insulated or has lights up there. I never asked.

Plus he has tried to have me sleep in our son's crib but I am afraid I would break it with my weight because it's made to hold toddlers and babies, not people my size. It's an IKEA crib. I have no idea how much they hold.

Plus I thought about maybe just keep all my stuffed animals in the adult crib if we get one and I can keep throwing junk in it when I have to clean the floor. Even before we had our son, he talked about getting me one and having it in the guest bedroom but I protested because I was afraid of his family seeing it and my parents and anyone else. My biggest excuse was "They are too expensive."

No not a typo but I think you may have misunderstood or I was not clear enough. I think that being an ABDL is more trouble than its worth and I think that even if you didn't mean to seeing his/ her mother, one of the biggest rolemodels, sleeping in a crib wearing a diaper the child would not be able to comprehend that diapers and cribs are for babies. We all know how much kids will try to emulate their parents/ older sibling when they are young.

I'd probably be confused at that young age. But I have heard stories about AB women having cribs and they have kids and their kids didn't mind their mother sleeping in one. So it made me decide I could have one after all. I heard this through a friend. But her kids were older of course. Plus I knew one guy who had a nursery and he had grand kids and they knew about his crib and didn't seem to care so it made me be more open minded about all this. His grand daughter was five years old and she didn't seem to get confused about it. I asked him about it and he said she didn't care and isn't confused.

Why would you not want the to ab ab/dl? That makes no sense. I don't mean I would force them to be one or push it on them. But if they got into it when they were older, why would that be bad? I am still trying to figure out how to balance it out as a parent and my husband isn't even worried and he is like "Just don't do it around them, we'll hide it" as if it's that simple. No I won't use bottles and pacifiers or sippy cups around them nor wear baby outfits around them. Just like parents don't have sex in front of their kids and they hide it. Same with AB/DL stuff.

The reason you shouldn't want your kid to be an ABDL is because it sucks. Honestly if you could make a perfect version of yourself I am sure it would not include being abdl hiding diapers and having strange desires, not to mention the extra financial burden.

- - - Updated - - -

It is your kids though and I can't stop you it's only my opinion but if I knew that my mom turned me this way I would be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by SoakedPampers View Post
    No not a typo but I think you may have misunderstood or I was not clear enough. I think that being an ABDL is more trouble than its worth and I think that even if you didn't mean to seeing his/ her mother, one of the biggest rolemodels, sleeping in a crib wearing a diaper the child would not be able to comprehend that diapers and cribs are for babies. We all know how much kids will try to emulate their parents/ older sibling when they are young.
    I wonder what happens with incontinent parents? Their kids may see their mother or father still wears diapers because they need to wear them. Sure they may not parade around in them in front of their kids but they are still bound to be caught in them by their children. Then they have some explaining to do about why they are wearing a diaper and why they have to use the potty and they don't.

I don't plan on parading around in diapers in front of my kid anymore. He is at an age now where he is aware of his surroundings and copying his parents and he has already started to copy my behavior like throwing things on the floor, something I do during meltdowns. My parents had to unteach him. I decided it was time to start covering up my diapers because I want him potty trained and pretty soon he will forget about me wearing them if he never sees me in them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoakedPampers View Post
    The reason you shouldn't want your kid to be an ABDL is because it sucks. Honestly if you could make a perfect version of yourself I am sure it would not include being abdl hiding diapers and having strange desires, not to mention the extra financial burden.

- - - Updated - - -

It is your kids though and I can't stop you it's only my opinion but if I knew that my mom turned me this way I would be pissed.
    So you hate being a AB/DL?