Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dipping my toes in...

Default Dipping my toes in...

It always feels a little awkward to write a summary of one's self because we're all so complex. Although, I'll give it my best try.

I love detailed, involved and/or riveting conversation. I've never written anything on a forum, but since sharing is the main objective, I thought this would be a great place.

I, myself, am not a member of the AB/DL community... My boyfriend, however, is.

We've been together a little over a year and I've known about his unique interest since week three (from being observant, not from him telling me)

I love him so much and I want our relationship to work. Our history with his diapers has been an up and down thing over the past year. (Mostly okay)
    His natural instinct was to hide it and that didn't make things easy, as I'm an extremely open and honest person. Our first conversation about it, was 3 months into our relationship. I learned his specifc particulars and got information I had been curious about. (Long story, that can be continued)

My interests are spending time with my boyfriend... Probably, obvious, I'm sure. I'm also very close with my mom and spending time with her is very important to me.

I work midnights, which everyone always gives me the "Aww, that sucks" face for, but I've always been a night person and working at night comes easy to me.

I LOVE to read, and even resort to audiobooks to be able to listen to books while keeping my hands free to drive, work, relax, etc.
    I'm excited for the Summer. We have a lot of fun things planned and have enjoyed some new experiences already. One, in particular, I'm looking forward to is parasailing.

I've done a lot of research, a lot, about the AB/DL community and what it entails and after our last "in-depth" conversation about his diaper interests (2 weeks ago) I thought it might be a good idea to join a forum/community of other people that share the same interest, to understand better.

Since, the only person I have to talk about this with, is my boyfriend... I would greatly appreciate talking with others. Any conversing, advice, questions, suggestions, etc would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillies5112 View Post
    *Intro*
    Fantastic intro I humbly welcome you to the community

Most people we like to get to know their interests a little to point them in the right direction to find some good friends, so, what sorts of books do you like? I'm a bit of a sci-fi fan. And do you have any more hobbies outside reading, like movies, music, TV or Sports? Oh And I wish you all the best with the parasailing, only time I tried I turned up and the instructor said too windy for newbies ^_^.

As for your reason for being here, lets start with the simple ^_^ Have you any questions you want answers to that you aren't sure on the answer your boyfriend gave or would like to know but haven't asked yet

Quote Originally Posted by Lillies5112 View Post
    I, myself, am not a member of the AB/DL community... My boyfriend, however, is.
    Kudos on trying to understand your boyfriend's interests without being judgmental. I'm on the long road to discovering that person in my life, but mostly all I get are blank stares and wierd looks. I've had my own diaper related interests since I was about four or five years old and I'm always more than willing to answer questions.

I work midnights, which everyone always gives me the "Aww, that sucks" face for, but I've always been a night person and working at night comes easy to me.
    Nights pay more. It's always hard to get people who either don't work, or don't need to work as much, to understand why someone would willingly work the night shift. There's also Sundays and Federal Holidays which I will gleefully sign up for when they're available. Gotta love time and a half.

Also, the night shift guarantees you'll be sleeping for much of the day, so the urge to blow half of your paycheck in the first twenty-four hours isn't so great.

I LOVE to read, and even resort to audiobooks to be able to listen to books while keeping my hands free to drive, work, relax, etc.
    I'm excited for the Summer. We have a lot of fun things planned and have enjoyed some new experiences already.
    It seems like your boyfriend is meeting you halfway on a lot of things, so my kudos to both of you. I'm also glad you found this forum before you found other things as ADISC has a more community oriented goal than most of the sites you'll come across with this same focus.

Good luck with the parasailing and welcome aboard.

I've done a lot of research, a lot, about the AB/DL community and what it entails and after our last "in-depth" conversation about his diaper interests (2 weeks ago) I thought it might be a good idea to join a forum/community of other people that share the same interest, to understand better.

Since, the only person I have to talk about this with, is my boyfriend... I would greatly appreciate talking with others. Any conversing, advice, questions, suggestions, etc would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

DylanK,

I'm actually a huge Sci-Fi fan myself! It's always been my favorite genere in books AND movies.
    I love finding obscure Sci-FI, that isn't so mainstream I know what it's about before I've read it.

I found a book, called Saturn's Children (by Charles Stross) about a society 200 years in the future, where humans are extinct and intelligent humaniod robots have colonized the solar system.
    May not be the best example, but it was definately an interesting read.

I'm always looking to expand my music horizon, so I listen to suggestions, in my free time. I've found a lot of my favorite songs, by just asking friends for what they're listening to, at the moment.

As far as asking my boyfriend questions, I'm not shy when it comes too that. It's been sprinkled over the months, though, because I don't want to sit down and spend 12 straight hours asking questions.

Just to be able to get a little perspective, is great.

It's nice to be welcomed into the community. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

NateSean,

The great thing with nights, is that I have fantastic job security, as it's so hard to find people to work my shift and keep it.
    The downside, yes, is I sleep during the day. So, most people have the majority of their day under their belt, when I wake up. I prefer nightlife, overall though, so it's not a bad deal.

I'm glad I found ADISC, too. It seems like a great environment.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Not come across Saturn's Children, I have come across some interesting reads on the kindle though, I mainly stick to the kids books cause I can get away with that on my kindle app, no fear of judgement ^_^ I've only come across one sci-fi I'd say is non mainstream, it's called How to live in a science fiction universe, it's a meta story and fairly well written, but in Fantasy is where I found most of the unusual stuff there's a book called Firelight (by Sophie Jordan), it's girls teen fiction, a bit of a romance and about dragons, and I've never been able to talk about it with anyone, and there's the Wind on Fire Trilogy which I've read a few times. I don't know, I'm sure there are more, I'll have to pick up my kindle again, it's been a while.

I'm not sure I could cope with only knowing some of it ^_^, you're very patient, as I say you can ask any questions and we'll try to help

Firelight, sounds interesting. Definitely up my alley. I usually flock to anything with witches, vampires, magic, time travel, medevil, etc.

I'd love to read it and discuss it, if you're up for it?

(None of my friends are readers, so I can never compare thoughts/opinions any anything I've read, with anyone.)

I think I put a lot of the pieces together in the beginning. I research everything, and this was no different. After, we had an honest, real talk about his diaper habits, I was glad things were finally out in the open. And, he was too. For the next 6 months, things were fine. We even used diapers in foreplay a few times (him wearing) and everything was okay.
    I tried on a diaper a few times, without him around, just to get a first hand experience.

My main questions/thoughts usually revolve around the same, few things. And, with all the research I've done, it seems everyone has a different answer.
    I've asked my boyfriend them, as well, and he basically says he doesn't know.

A main one is:

I'm curious as to how this is something so deeply inbedded in many people?

I know there's a wide spectrum, of what it entails for certain people... But, it's crucial to everyone with AB/DL interests. A lifelong thing. I guess because, I'm not emotionally and/or sexually attached to any material item, I don't know how to empathize.

I want to do everything I can, to be educated on and understand, something emotionally important to someone I care about.

Yeah I'll discuss books if you give me a new one it might take me a few weeks to read it, I'm a pretty slow reader, but I could discuss any of the books I've read until we go to Milliways (that's a Restaurant at the End of the Universe reference if you didn't get it)

Right you're asking one of the most tricky questions you could ask, for me it's pretty deep, I discovered ABDL age 13/14 so it must have interested or been in me for some level before then, I think you need to look at it more like an addiction, the reward factor for many of us is very deep as is the compulsion to smoke, now if you ask a smoker how hard it will be to give up, some say they could give up in a snap but don't want to and others instinctively know it's going to be difficult, in fact they don't really know until they try, now with smoking you can talk about it with an ex-smoker but with ABDL when you give up the habit you give up the community so we can't ask them how hard it is (unless they fail)

If you want to feel the emotional attachment for your self think of something like a cellphone and keep it in your pocket fiddling with it as much as you can, even more so when you're stressed or emotional, do it for a month, deliberately build this new habit, then leave the phone at home one day, you'll feel lost, unable to cope with the world, just knowing it's in your pocket makes you feel better. That's a security item, that is to some degree all ABDL is about having a bunch of security items you know are at home and you can dip into from time to time ok they're a little more powerful than a cellphone but they essentially do the same job
    Last edited by DylanK; 08-Jul-2012 at 11:54.

Thanx for joining adisc. Its really good that you support your boyfriend, and it shows how much you love him. Many people in the ab/dl community long for acceptance and you gave him that. I also like reading and enjoy books. I'm currently an english major so it comes with the territory. Anyway thanx for joining and we hope that you share your experiences with us. Oh and welcome

MagicMan,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've only been on the site for a couple days and everyone is extremely friendly and honest. It seems to be a great atmosphere. I'm glad I joined.

I do want to support him, which is why I'm here. He actually suggested this particular site.

An Engligh major, huh? I considered that for a while. Psychology as well, as it's passion of mine. Kudos on attending college. I haven't mustered up the courage yet. =/

- - - Updated - - -

DylanK,

That's very helpful. Thank you for an in depth answer. I was told it was a security blanket, for him. Sometimes sexual, sometimes just for comfort.

Yet, more conventional "security blankets" are usually outgrown. The strong, visceral, unbreakable tie to it, is what I was ignorant of before I educated myself. That it's not just some passing curiosity.

I was also going to do psychology as its also a passion of mine, but decided not to for certain reasons Is your boyfriend a member here? If so thats good to hear and if not encourage him to do so. Anyway, i find college great and if you're going for the right reasons then it can be a great time