Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get diapers in USA?

Question How to get diapers in USA?

Hey

I am planning a possible trip to USA with a friend in diaper

We have both been over there, and as a part of the trip we want to get some diapers. We have both tried Depends, which has failed as an acceptable diaper

Can anyone tell me/us how to get better than the worst diapers, i.e. Tena?

If you're going to the USA you should try something that is not imported in Europe, such as Dry 24/7, which can be ordered online from their website or from XPMedical, and shipped to some of the places you'll be staying to.

I was in the USA for a good while a couple of years ago but alas in company of non-DL friends... if you're lucky enough to be there with another DL, I really think you shouldn't pass the opportunity!

Some Walgreens still carries diapers, one with tabs. Plus we have medical supply stores here. They carry better brands usually like Tena or Molicare. Like the poster above me has said, you can order diapers online and have them get shipped to where you are staying.

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    If you're going to the USA you should try something that is not imported in Europe, such as Dry 24/7, which can be ordered online from their website or from XPMedical, and shipped to some of the places you'll be staying to.

I was in the USA for a good while a couple of years ago but alas in company of non-DL friends... if you're lucky enough to be there with another DL, I really think you shouldn't pass the opportunity!
    This. The selection in retail stores is pretty abysmal, and medical supply store options are too hit-and-miss for me to recommend spending any considerable portion of your vacation popping into medical supply shops hoping you'll find some absorbent gems. I'd also recommend checking into what options you have for shipping to one of the places you'll be staying and ordering Dry 24/7s.

If you do decide to hit a medical supply store, probably the best thing you'll find are Tranquility ATNs. Those are not great diapers, but considerably better than Depends are.

Any destinations you've thought of in the U.S.A. yet? It's a big country and there's a lot to see!

Hey

I have in fact tried Dry 24/7. Yes, it is a cool diaper, but a bit too large for me Even their medium-sized diaper are pretty large.

Where? Still many ideas, time will show us, but I think we both want to see San Francisco once more

We have talked about visiting more than one place, either by train or plane, but still in an early planing stage.

Yo ! Fellow europeans here !

I agree with the posts above. Best option is buying online.

If you like bulky diapers, try the 24/7, this is the bulkiest I ever wore.
    If you're more into AB stuff, you can try star diapers and/or cushies.

I tried the Walgreens diapers, they're fine but cloth-like and not very absorbent, so, I prefer to stick with my 24/7 =)

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBoy View Post
    I have in fact tried Dry 24/7.
    Oh, interesting!

Did that happen during another trip to the USA, did you pay the terribly expensive shipment costs to good old Europe, or did you find some other solution that I might want to try?

My friend, who I have been talking with going to USA, have been there once before. He managed to get some from a local fur he knows. Since we are nearly as close to each others as brothers, we share that kind of gold with each other

Unfortunatly it is difficult to me, due to it's size, to wear it with out a too large leak risk. Beside from that, it is not discreet enough for day time wear

I was thinking along the same lines, have some ready for pickup somewhere, some good diapers. As noted above, selection in the stores is pretty poor.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    I was thinking along the same lines, have some ready for pickup somewhere, some good diapers. As noted above, selection in the stores is pretty poor.
    But when you do not know any DL's all over the states, it can be a bit difficult to pick them up that way.

First time I was over there, I managed to buy diapers without leak barrier. Have not used all of them yet, I tend to give them to friends who wants something pretty unusual for us.