Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Audio Surf

Default Audio Surf

Has anyone played, or got their hands on the beta for this?

I've been playing it every now and then, and it is an -awesome- game!

Just wondering if anyone else got their hands on it.

Managed to get a hold of it and play with the online competition boards. ^_^

This game is beyond awesome. I know, flying a ship and collecting coloured blocks may not seem like fun, but doing it in a pulsating environment reacting to your own music makes for one hell of an experience. When I first started on this game I just couldn't stop. It was one of those things where you go "Oh, just one more song..." but you end up playing for a few more hours!

Overall, an awesome game. Anticipating the full release of it.

What do you play as?

I love Ninja Mono, so intense x.x;

So far, I've just been sticking with Jimmy Eat World, Mindless Self Indulgence, and Tool song wise, with bits and pieces of other artists when I need to switch it up.

What Songs/Bands do you use?

I normally just play easy mono. I'm not looking for an over-the-top experience, I just like to sit back and enjoy the ride.

I play: Air, Autechre, Boards of Canada, Daft Punk, Duran Duran, Gary Numan, Digitalism, Kavinsky, M83, Pleiadians, Röyksopp, Jega, and a few other artists that I usually listen to.

no d00d, the best absolute tracks are completely orchestral!

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreMickal View Post
    A tad more info about this please!?
    It's a program that let's you ride your music.

You load up a song into it, and it creates a 3D environment that pulsates and moves to the varying sounds within that song. To make it fun and challenging, you are in control of a small rocket ship that traverses along a path in this environment. Every song has an entirely different path! This is because the path changes with respect to how intense the song is at any point. A steeper downhill path means it's intense, a steep incline means it's very calm. Along the way you collect blocks and make combos for points. There are quite a number of different gameplay modes and each has online leaderboards.

The website is normally found at - but it seems to be down at the moment. Just Google "audio surf" and you should get some download links. It is still in beta, so you might encounter a few problems, or some features may not work.

I downloaded this game this morning. After a friend last night was trying to convinve me to pre-order it. $9 on Steam didn't seem bad to me. But I thought it didn't looked that exciting from the videos I wathed on you tube. I'd give it the beta version ago and see what it is like.

Being a StepMania Player a Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) clone. I find it that I am more of looking at where the bricks are rather than listening to the music for cues for the next steps. Its like reading a book with your MP3 player. I couldn't really care what was being played, I wasn't really appreciating it. So I'll stick to Stepmania. Or maybe if they change the controls to push 1 to goto lane 1 rather than the arrow keys to move left and right. It may seem a little more easier for me :P. But the beta doesn't let you change the controls are all.

What I am impressed with is that it creates the tracks/roads for each song pretty fast for their first run, while being accurate. Its pretty clever and amazing on what it picks up. Tempo change, Different instruments etc... I wonder how the algorithm works.

Overall I don't think it is that bad. I haven't unlocked anything. But i like using the pusher. Left click, left click. right Click.. Etc... Really annoying when i go and change characters and they don't have these features .

I was mainly listing to some techno dance mixes.

I loooove that thing, I'm totally going to download the full version, in fact I'm gonna do it right now if it's out and my mother lets me use $10 of my Bar Mitzvah money for this.

The best song I tried on it was COZMIC TRAVEL by SOUL'd OUT.
    Also, oddly enough, when I try to play Figure 8 by Memento (a 13-minute song), it just doesn't work, I get a blank message and when I click the (blank) button, it just goes to the character selection screen. But I guess it's because of the time.

I tried What's Up People? by Maximum The Hormone, it worked pretty well too. I'm surprised of the smoothness and the natural feeling of the game. It's a unique experience. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to play some more. =3
    Last edited by Vladimir; 12-Feb-2008 at 22:08.