Thread: Mina Caputo. former lead of L.O.A

Default Mina Caputo. former lead of L.O.A

Sitting outside this Monday with my buddy having a beer, setting up the grill and blasting Liquid Metal on Sirius, yes I know not really girly but I gotta have my big boy time to hehe. Now to the reason for this post, Jose (one of the afternoon DJ's) came on talking about an interview that he did and would be airing soon with Life of Agony and what a great guy Keith Caputo was for all he'd done for music, then he said starts talking about how Keith now goes by Mina Caputo and has come out as Transgender, saying he's not going to physically become a women but will live the rest of his life as a women.

I have to say this is one of the most inspiring stories i've heard and read about, not just because he came out as transgender but that he did so in the Metal community, what surprises me most is how accepting people seemed to be with it and really has me rethinking all my preconseved notions of people and groups.

For anyone interested here is Mina's web page:
    Mina Caputo - News

And an interview with AOL she did:
    Life of Agony's Mina Caputo on Her Struggles, Triumphs Being Transgender in Heavy Metal - Noisecreep

I would be interested in everyone's thoughts on this story

I think it's silly that metal, for all its anti-Abrahamic, anti-authority rhetoric, is so heteronormative.

LittleDrummerGirl

Now that's bravery. The only thing I know of Mrs.(?) Caputo is the single she(?) duetted with Within Temptation, 'What Have you Done.'. I might just have to change he name of those tracks now (it says 'Feat. Keith Caputo'...)

Marissa from Cretin (they're an excellent, excellent grindcore band for those of you who aren't in the know) is MtF, too.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperlover93 View Post
    Marissa from Cretin (they're an excellent, excellent grindcore band for those of you who aren't in the know) is MtF, too.
    Really? I'll have to check them out. I never really keep up with stuff like this but i heard the interview about Mina and found it to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRobKY View Post
    Really? I'll have to check them out. I never really keep up with stuff like this but i heard the interview about Mina and found it to be interesting.
    Actually, Marissa was just on the cover of Decibel's Women in Metal special issue.