Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Seattle!?!

Default Moving to Seattle!?!

Finishing up my degree here in Vegas, and its time for a change. I've always wanted to move to Seattle, but I know absolutely no one there. Been looking at apartments online but not so sure since I'm not there in person to check. Who's from there? Anyone recommend a descent apartment? Thinking of living near University Village since I plan to go back to school in a year and I want to be near the University and apple store since I work there. Also perhaps in Bellevue near the apple store. Any suggestions? Anyone looking to rent out a room or looking for a roommate?

I've lived in the area pretty much my whole life and certainly recommend it for anyone not afraid of a little drizzle. I haven't been looking for living space for a while now but I would say you should bear in mind that east/west travel (particularly between Seattle and the Bellevue area) can be slower and also more expensive with the addition of tolls to the most used floating bridge. Live wherever you're planning on spending most of your time.

Falkio

Ooh! Good news, man.

If you have time, you should talk to me on Skype. I'll PM it to you. I think I can help you out. I'm actually a student at UW who is in the transition process himself, and my campus is literally a 10 minute walk from U-Village. I can give you all the information you'll probably need to make an informed decision.

No rooms for rent at the moment, but I can direct you to people who might. I still live in a dorm. If you're a student, you don't want to live in Bellevue. Its expensive and about a half-hour commute. Not to mention tolls are about $5 total for both ways.

Thank you both, I appreciate you guys giving some direction. I'm excited to move there. Always wanted to live there since I was thirteen. If i can just find a roommate, I 'd be set. Fallout i will skype you for sure. thanks

It's a great city! You're gonna love it.

I don't have any suggestions for places to live, other than to echo Trevor's advice to live where you work, and perhaps to suggest the Ravenna or Wallingford neighborhoods if you want to avoid the chaos of the U District while still being relatively close to U Village.

I can certainly recommend some pubs, restaurants, and must-see landmarks. Hit me up when you get to town and I'll buy you a pint!

I am afraid this is the extend of what I have to contribute to this thread, but I knew I had to post it the moment I saw the thread's title.

Near that song is too perfect. An excellent contribution to this dialogue friend. ultrapamper, sounds good, I wI will definitely do that once in town. Looking forward to make friends once I get there since I won't have any when I get there.

the best place in seattle to live is Port Townsend, Wa......
    City of Port Townsend, WA

that way, when seattle is sucked into a black-hole; if you happen to notice it at all, you might say to your self, whats that? lol

(Another Seattlite here. I like it. Been here my whole life, and I've got no immediate plans to leave.)

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    the best place in seattle to live is Port Townsend, Wa......
    City of Port Townsend, WA
    I like Port Townsend, but with fully half the population being over 50 years old and a fifth being over 65, it's certifiable as a retirement community. ...Not that there's anything wrong with that!!! But you have to be looking for that, or else it's probably not the place for you. Also helps to be in the maritime industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    (Another Seattlite here. I like it. Been here my whole life, and I've got no immediate plans to leave.)

I like Port Townsend, but with fully half the population being over 50 years old and a fifth being over 65, it's certifiable as a retirement community. ...Not that there's anything wrong with that!!! But you have to be looking for that, or else it's probably not the place for you. Also helps to be in the maritime industry.
    that is why i love the place.......
    58 and green water for blood.

- - - Updated - - -

best Pizza in the Puget Sound too!
    i think it's called "Waterfront Pizza" @ 951 water St.