Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-Palin t-shirts

Default Anti-Palin t-shirts

OK, I admit that I am for McCain-Palin.

What I would like is the opinion of those supporting Obama.

(Note the t-shirts in the picture here contain very offensive language.)
    Obama Supporters Call Sarah Palin a C*nt-Where Is the Media? : Stop The ACLU

Now if some McCain supports were to wear a similar shirt, what do you think would have happened to them?

I find this to be the most offensive thing I have seen, although if this could be verified, it would definitely top it.

There was group as well carrying around a fake dead fetus - exclaiming that “abortion should have been the path for Bristol(?) Palin”.

I am Pro-Choice, but it is the woman's choice, not my choice to make for the woman.

Although it is vulgar, and something I would never wear, I believe it is freedom of speech. For example, it may be frowned upon, but not outlawed. The KKK is still allowed to exist in America, however evil they may be. These shirts, like the KKK, are inappropriate (although the KKK is much, much worse than a silly shirt) but are allowed because they do not actually hurt anyone.

What I don't get is how "cunt" is worse than "N***er". EDIT: Oh, I checked the source. Not exactly a balanced point of view.

KittyKat

Well, I am voting for McCain-Palin so I find that t-shirt to be very offensive. Even if I were voting for Obama I would still find that shirt very offensive. It is just plain rude.

The dead fetus thing just blows me away. I'm pro-life by the way.

I want one that says "Lets just have a nice, clean election".
    ---

Simpsons quote aside, I actually stand by that. Enough rubbish, what happened to real politics? I don't want people to say that she's a ****, I want people to explain why she's a **** (metaphorically).

I agree that if people wore shirts saying "Obama is [isn't racist remark here]" then that would be taken less lightly than a "Palin is a ****" shirt... It's just how it goes.

In society's view:
    Racism > Sexism > Homophobia > racism against races that we don't care about.
    (Take ">" as "is worse than")

I don't find the shirts offensive, although I wouldn't wear one...I prefer to call her a moron...

I'd put it on par with a shirt that says "Obama is a N****r". It's sexist and completely inappropriate. It's a freedom of speech issue, and I agree they should (and do) have the right to do it. But yeah, if it were a racist anti-Obama t-shirt it'd be "hate speech."

The fetus thing is disgusting. The day you start doing that is the day I stop respecting you as a human.

Quote Originally Posted by The Russian View Post
    What I don't get is how "cunt" is worse than "N***er". EDIT: Oh, I checked the source. Not exactly a balanced point of view.
    If I could have found it on a more neutral site, I would have. Oddly, other media outlets aren't covering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    If I could have found it on a more neutral site, I would have. Oddly, other media outlets aren't covering it.
    I saw a segment of the shirts this morning on Fox News Channel, though they blanked out the Cword, glad I now know what the word was.

This is just awful, and yes, it is on par with someone wearing an "Obama is a N-word" Funny, you don't see McCain supporters wearing insulting shirts. If they don't like Sarah Palin, they should criticize her on the issues, not with childish name calling. And the "Bristol should have had an abortion" That's just wrong. I thought the democrats were pro-choice, not pro-death to babies. She did the right thing by keeping the kid, at least that's my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    Oddly, other media outlets aren't covering it.
    Huh, I wonder why!?

FullMetal

It is called mudslinging, but instead of the parties doing it, the people are. So, it is a modernization of mudslinging which was seen many years ago.

I do not see such alarm in it.

FullMetal