Thread: Pacifier problems!!!!!!!

Default Pacifier problems!!!!!!!

I have a thing for my dummy(paci) I love it, its so relaxing to wake up with in your mouth and does more to make me feel small and helpless than anything else even a nappy!

But he's the thing, although I can remember using one as a child when it was taken away i never sucked my thumb or anything, I've never had any oral fixations like chewing pen tops or biting my nails and consequently I dont suck! Or at least not absentmindedley, it's all conscious effort and then when I wake up half the time its gone missing, if it is there then i wake as soon as I realise it in the morning but I realise I still havent been sucking its just because it a nuk5 and it stayed in by itself,

And so I have two questions,
    ONE has anyone ever developed this to the point where they do use them properly and suck (I would love for this to happen)

TWO is it more natural for thumsuckers to switch and use a dummy or do you just wake up having spat the dummy in favour of your thumb!

I find I use my thumb more only because I have done it all my life. I don't think I could replace it using a paci ever. But I do love my pacis, I just worry that it will be seen by my daughter in the mornings, so far so good. So I suppose for me it is easier and "safer" to use my thumb.

As for sucking the entire night, I've never done this with my thumb or a paci. It's more the feeling of just having it in my mouth.

I don't really suck my paci much at all, it's just the feeling of having it there which is nice.

I never really sucked my thumb (it seems more weird to suck my thumb than my nuk5 lol) but I do tend to chew on pens and stuff, so I guess that's a similar thing!

I've actually ran into this issue as well. When I first got my nuk 5 it kept falling out of my mouth when i'm sleeping. I've never sucked my thumb or chewed pens either. After a week or two of using my nuk 5 it started to stay in and I sucked it propertly. I also bought a nuk ribbon clip to clip my paci to my shirt just in case it does fall out. lol I get cranky if I wake up and can't find it :P Over all just keep using it and you will get to a point where it will stay atleast in my case it has

I do and don't like sucking my thumb. I do because it is relaxing but I don't because it hurts... I tend to get my thumb with my teeth and that hurts so I do and I don't. I love my paci though. I never had one growing up, back then they were too much and I wanted one but never could have one. Now I do and soo happy I do.

I never got a paci when I was younger, I always sucked my thumb. I favor my paci over my thumb, but I am never able to consciously suck.

ONE has anyone ever developed this to the point where they do use them properly and suck (I would love for this to happen)
    I have always been a pen destroyer but for some reason a paci just never stays over night it always end up somewhere between the sheets or on the floor. Though if I am using while I am awake I will subconsciously suck on it the same way I do pens for some reason this action does not transfer over to when I am sleeping though.
    So subconscious sucking yes but only while I am awake for some reason.

TWO is it more natural for thumsuckers to switch and use a dummy or do you just wake up having spat the dummy in favour of your thumb?
    Never was a thumb sucker so I have no idea my oral fixations were always on other things, shirt collars, pen tops, buttons, plastic handles on anything I find myself chewing on small screw driver handles all the time. So if anything I would be likely to spit my thumb out in favor of the paci instead of the other way around.