Thread: New Great Name, Same Great Poster!

Default New Great Name, Same Great Poster!

Hello all!

First, why the name change? Well, my previous name was something I sort of cobbled together a long long time ago when I first registered for an ABDL site, and 11 years on, I'm not happy with it anymore. I've actually considered changing it a few times, but the inertia of having used the same name on ABDL sites for this long kept me from doing so. Now, though, it's time. The old name was, honestly, a bit lame, and I'm a much different person now than I was back when that name came to be. The new name stems from my love of dragons (notice my avatar). Gold dragons are usually the powerful, noble, wise dragons that are willing to quest for what they feel is right, and I've long felt the gold dragon is the most appropriate to stand in as my personal avatar.

Right, so about me then.

Obviously I'm not new here, but I'm also not as prolific a poster as I once was either. I originally stumbled onto this place thanks to the google, and I ultimately decided to stick around. I sorted out my issues around being an ABDL a number of years ago, so I thought I might be able to help those still trying to sort out some of that stuff from the perspective of “the other side.” I tend be be about 50-80 percent DL/20-50 percent AB, depending upon things and my moods. I also tend to be pretty open about my life, including being an ABDL. Many of my friends know, and I've met a lot of great ABDLs in real life by going to parties and events and the like.

I'm presently a grad student, pursuing a masters' in urban planning. Before that, I worked with a Fortune 500 company for a number of years. Ultimately though, I needed a new challenge, so I left that company to pursue something new. I have a partner of almost four years now. He's a DL that wears 24/7, so while he doesn't necessarily get into the AB side of it, he is entirely supportive of me when I'm feeling more AB than DL.

Beyond that, I'm a pretty avid cyclist. I pretty much do only road riding these days, but I do try to get some commuting in, as well. Back in 2007, I got hit by an SUV that ran a red light at 40 miles per hour. I very nearly lost a leg, and it took over two years and four surgeries to fix it. But, I made a better recovery than one could hope for in such a situation, and I'm still riding. I also enjoy classic video games, stuff old enough that some of our membership might call it retro. The NES is still my favorite gaming console, followed by the Super NES. I love old JRPGs, especially the Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior series, Chrono Trigger, and the Breath of Fire games. I also love Dance Dance Revolution. It's not retro yet, but it is a lot of fun.

Aside from that stuff, I do a bit of digital cartography, mostly doing fantasy settings for tabletop RPGs, another of my hobbies, along with board games (when I can manage to get a group together). I also enjoy classic cars, especially big old luxury cars. My partner and I have a 1978 Lincoln Continental Town Coupe that we've nicknamed the Green Sofa. It's a magnificent car! 4,700 pounds, 19.4 feet long, and powered by 460 cubic inches of American iron. (yes, it's a two-door car that could fit some modern four-door cars in its trunk!)

So there you have it. A few years on and I'm still here, too. Thanks for having me.

It feels great to re-invent yourself, doesn't it?

I just changed my name and avatar to better reflect who I've become after I joined back in April of '11. You know me as Col. That's the name of my oooold fursona. This name obviously hasn't been fitting for me for a while, I was just waiting for an idea for a new one. Since I love bass and bad jokes, I thought Gstring would suit me nicely.

On-topic! You've experienced life from a different perspective then most people, and your posts reflect that! They have always been insightful and helpful, and I've had lots of fun learning about your experiences. I've also gotten a lot of great advice from you. So I'd just like to take this opportunity to say I view you as a role model, and thanks for everything!

Gstring

Quote Originally Posted by Gstring View Post
    It feels great to re-invent yourself, doesn't it?

I just changed my name and avatar to better reflect who I've become after I joined back in April of '11. You know me as Col. That's the name of my oooold fursona. This name obviously hasn't been fitting for me for a while, I was just waiting for an idea for a new one. Since I love bass and bad jokes, I thought Gstring would suit me nicely.

On-topic! You've experienced life from a different perspective then most people, and your posts reflect that! They have always been insightful and helpful, and I've had lots of fun learning about your experiences. I've also gotten a lot of great advice from you. So I'd just like to take this opportunity to say I view you as a role model, and thanks for everything!

Gstring
    Thank you very much for that! Also lulz on the name pun and congrats on the name change.

And yeah, sometimes a bit of reinvention is good. Onward and forward and whatnot!

Asher

A great re-intro, and love the new name! Very cool that you are a cyclist as well; I've always been a runner, but I have wanted to get into cycling for a very long time. Getting hit by a truck does sound pretty frightening though! :O

Keep up the great work. You have made wonderful contributions to this site, so I hope to see that keep going!