Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trying Out Pampers Underjams

Default Trying Out Pampers Underjams

Did my first successful wearing today not long after part of the family left for VA. I didn't realize it until I tore open the package, I had gotten the girls Underjams by accident with alternating purple and white UJs having a little red heart in the front. Oh well, they are cute looking. The Underjams do *fit* my 32" waist (approx. 36" hips). By *fit*, I mean in the context of how any child's or toddler's diaper would fit an adult. I can pull it all the way up without it splitting open, gets an A+ in stretchiness, but I can tell it wouldn't hold the contents of a full teen or adult bladder the same as I experienced with Goodnites last year. I did do a medium wetting in the first one without leaking, however it wouldn't have taken much more before springing a leak. It does cover my bony-butt bottom pretty well, though they do seem a bit shorter than what I remember the Goodnites being.

It was easy to wear one most of the day under my jeans without detection. The Underjam made no sound whatsoever and was thin enough to be discreet. After a shower this evening, I put a second one on and then put on my pajama bottom. Soon as I started to walk there was a distinct rustle sound from the Underjam material rubbing against the inside of my PJs. That wouldn't do at all with my son still up and around, so off came the UJ and back on the underwear. Have to wait until I actually go to bed to switch back, in order to sleep in a diaper tonight as planned. I'd thought of picking up another Goodnites pack for side-by-side comparison. Maybe I will, have to see how things go.

Unfortunately, can't say I feel as baby-ish as I would if alone and having fun in just an Underjam and T-shirt. Having to wear regular clothes just makes it feel like I have snug underwear on under my jeans. Oh well, they'll be other times in the future, I'm sure. Still it's fun to do something different AB-wise for a change.

Oh, and got my Avent baby bottle all ready for tomorrow morning, too! A hot chocolate in it would hit the spot on a cool morning.

~Pramrider

Hmm, I have heard a couple of people say good things about the UJ's. I personally won't try a baby diapers when they make adult oes that will fit alot better and be so much more absorbant.

Any and all pullup type diapers should be used as stuffers in my opinion. That's how I used Underjams when I got them anyway.

The maximum weight for large UnderJams is 85 pounds, but they will still fit a 30" waist without difficulty. My experience, however, is that the sides start to overstretch and deteriorate after a couple hours. I reverted back to using a Pampers Cruisers 7 or Luvs 6 as a pad (beltless undergarment) instead.

These products are ideal for my daily use, especially in a social setting. They have far superior deodorizing properties and cannot be detected. On my last visit to a doctor, in fact, he noted in my chart that I presented myself as being clean-cut, with "excellent hygiene". I can't help but admire a product that can do so much to elevate my self confidence!

Luvs can take up several ounces of liquid, collecting just enough to get you to a restroom with the next garment handily stuffed in a front pocket. The Cruisers 7 is just slightly more cumbersome. These are situations where an adult pad, diaper, or Depends refastenable would be totally uncalled for and unaccepted because of their bulk, leakage, and complete lack of odor reduction. I owe a great debt of gratitude to P & G for making a product that allows me the ability to do things I would otherwise never be able to, such as attending social functions where cleanliness can never be compromised. It gives me great joy to spend time with my friends and relatives, to do things with them, without the indignity of my symptoms being evident.

Honeywell6180

i thought max weight was like 125 or somthing hmm or was it goodnites..... but yeah all around they fit decently on me but im kinda small so..

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    My experience, however, is that the sides start to overstretch and deteriorate after a couple hours.
    Yes, I noticed that on mine this morning after sleeping in it all night. The one I had on during the day kept it's stretch, but the night one was over stretched on one side.

An additional note about absorbancy; I tried flooding the Underjam soon as I got up this morning. Oh, it was bulgy to be sure when I had finished wetting, but nothing leaked out with me standing up! Goodnites always leaked before I was finished. Maybe I'll try a sitting position tomorrow and see if it leaks.

Interesting to note that Underjams don't appear to have any scent, so if you like baby diapers to smell sweet you'll have to use some scented baby powder with these.

Quote Originally Posted by liloneinmymind View Post
    i thought max weight was like 125 or somthing hmm or was it goodnites.....
    It is the Goodnites which have a 125# max weight. Made the difference in the Goodnites not overstretching when I wore them before.

~Pramrider

Darkfinn

So... just a question... have you tried proper adult diapers before? Or are you solely a fan of the kids ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    So... just a question... have you tried proper adult diapers before? Or are you solely a fan of the kids ones?
    Never have, Darkfinn. Not being a DL, I'm just wearing when the yearly opportunity arises to try something different. I only *use* the diaper in the end because it seems such a waste to toss one unused. Just as I wouldn't get the same enjoyment getting into an adult sized stroller or high chair, if I'm going to don a diaper I like it to be child size but still be able to squeeze in it. Guess I'm just weird that way. Not that I'll rule out ever trying an adult diaper, just isn't nearly as appealing to me with one exception - Bambinos! Now those are cute adult sized diapers!

~Pramrider

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    Guess I'm just weird that way. Not that I'll rule out ever trying an adult diaper, just isn't nearly as appealing to me with one exception - Bambinos! Now those are cute adult sized diapers!

~Pramrider
    Gotcha... interesting... this whole fetish/lifestyle appeals to us all in different ways.

Bambinos are cute and definately worth trying... I'll have to order some more for myself one of these days.

Pramrider: You should look for a place to stash one or two adult diapers. I would highly recommend the Abena X-Plus Air-Plus. They have very high absorbency, and are extremely comfortable. They have the standing leak barriers and cloth-like outer covering, just like you see in baby diapers. They are thick. They smell nice, better than Underjams, Goodnites, and at least as good as Pampers Cruisers. An added bonus: They are a lot softer, too. Their velcro/tape fasteners help the product stay on for long periods of time, and they can be detached and refastened. I will go as far as saying that these feel just like the old Pampers Supremes they made back in the mid 1990s! I would wear them 24/7 if I didn't have to hide my problems to protect my image.

Honeywell6180