Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I want a women.....

Default I want a women.....

I find it hard to get a women PERIOD. I don't know why its not that I'm ugly looking or obese. I've been single for 3 years about. Am I expecting too much? The only things I ask for is that she is within 3 to 4 years + - my age, she doesn't smoke, she don't already have kids (I'm not interested in raising someone else's kids its not my problem to do so I don't even think I want children I am one myself and besides that there is enough of a population on this earth to have more), and she MUST LOVE or have a sense of liking Digimon and or Pokemon and other cartoons/anime. That's ALL I ask for but still it seems hard. Almost everyone I meet (online dating) wants someone that's going to college I'm not its too much of an expense, either that or they live sooooooooooo FAR away.

I thought about going gay but its the same old story (as above).

Can anyone help me out?

Have you tried any of the Dating/Match-Making web sites out there ?

Yes and those websites all want money. I don't believe in paying for love.
    Last edited by Hawkmon; 30-Jun-2012 at 21:33.

Have you ever thought of asking a friend to 'set you up' on a date with someone he/she knows?

Seriously tho'...you're 21...life is just beginning for you. Live a little.

BTW...not everyone is looking for someone in college/university. However, most girls want to know that the guy is doing something productive with his life besides watching 'cartoons' (anyway you slice it anime are 'cartoons'). Do you have a job? Do you have some sort of plan for your future, besides finding a 'woman'? Most girls/women, no matter how independent they might be, want a man who can 'take care' of them, even tho' they are totally capable of taking care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    Have you ever thought of asking a friend to 'set you up' on a date with someone he/she knows?

Seriously tho'...you're 21...life is just beginning for you. Live a little.

BTW...not everyone is looking for someone in college/university. However, most girls want to know that the guy is doing something productive with his life besides watching 'cartoons' (anyway you slice it anime are 'cartoons'). Do you have a job? Do you have some sort of plan for your future, besides finding a 'woman'? Most girls/women, no matter how independent they might be, want a man who can 'take care' of them, even tho' they are totally capable of taking care of themselves.

I have a life other than just watching cartoons but when I am home from work tired all I want to do is relax and watch Digimon or Pokemon (two favorite shows) and yes I have a full time job but its a dead end job as a janitor at a warehouse. I am looking to fulfill my career outlook as to being a truck driver which is coming along slowly but surely.

But a requirement (like I said) is that she MUST LOVE or have a sense of liking Digimon and or Pokemon and other cartoons/anime which there's not to many of those around the area anymore.

I almost took your post seriously until you said "i thought about going gay". WTF??? You don't just "turn gay" because you feel like it. Seriously, buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmon View Post
    Can anyone help me out?
    Nope. Not directly. That's your job. And you have a huge mountain to climb.

In the final analysis, you will not be successful as-is. Things need to change before you will find a good relationship, and you need to be mindful of, and put deliberate effort into, these things.

Oh man... You have so much maturing to do. "Getting a woman" is easy, but you're wallowing in the "Forever Alone" cliche. I'm not even going to touch on the judging and negativity of your post. If you act anything like your posts suggest, then there is a very valid reason you are having troubles finding someone. Here is a pro-tip: People are attracted to positive, happy people. If you're the kind of person that is always smiling, doesn't look down your nose at others, and has some things going for them... You'll have to beat them away with a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleIons View Post
    I almost took your post seriously until you said "i thought about going gay". WTF??? You don't just "turn gay" because you feel like it. Seriously, buddy?
    Yes seriously, my friends I hang around say I am. I don't know why. In my heart I don't feel it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Nope. Not directly. That's your job. And you have a huge mountain to climb.

In the final analysis, you will not be successful as-is. Things need to change before you will find a good relationship, and you need to be mindful of, and put deliberate effort into, these things.
    Thanks for the advice. I will make a better approach and see what happens.

Your standards, for the most part, are pretty normal. What I think you're going to have problems with is your statement that she must love Pokemon and Digimon. I totally understand the desire for a girlfriend who shares your interest, but it's totally unjustifiable to disqualify someone on those grounds alone. Many people could see that as shallow. There are many wonderful women who don't like either of those shows but might otherwise be perfect for you. You don't want to deny yourself a chance with one of them due to them not liking these shows. You don't want to artificially limit your dating pool. Secondly, a good part of dating is compromise. Sooner or later, you're going to have to compromise on something, and it seems like TV shows are a pretty minor, easy thing to compromise. If you totally refuse to compromise on something like that, you may come off as an immature man-child. You don't seem like that, so why give off that impression? To be perfectly honest with you, it is shallow to not compromise on something like that. You'd do better to look for someone with your same general interests, like cartoons, anime, or whatever, but don't demand specifics like that.

Everything considered, you seem like a real nice guy. But, like others said, it wouldn't hurt to work on your attitude. You don't want to seem demanding or needy. Almost everyone finds confidence attractive, and for good reason too. Most people that have what are usually considered to be successful lives are confident, or at least thought to be that way, are indeed confident. This is because you need to believe in yourself in order to get that far in life. You yourself said you have a dead-end job, so you gotta work on that too, but that is mostly for yourself. If you truly don't wish to go college, your partner should respect that, just as you should respect their desire to not watch Digimon/Pokemon. See, it's all about compromise.

Good Luck!