Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy theories... I am SICK of them! A rant and rather annoyed...

Default Conspiracy theories... I am SICK of them! A rant and rather annoyed...

This is a rant and may be long. For that I do apologize, I'm at a loss here and I have no idea where else to go....

I'm rather freaking annoyed right now. I have had to listen to a lot of Ron Paul, Obama dictator, London 2012 Olympic game conspiracies lately and I am getting FED UP with it. I am beginning to chalk it up to the so-called 2012 paranoia.

I am not fond of conspiracy theories or conspiracy theorists such as King Nut himself Alex Jones because he's playing on people's fears and making a buttload of money over ignorant fool's fears that something is going to something during the Olympics in London. I also made a previous post about Jones that I later regretted making...

I don't buy it.. I also don't buy these 'Obama dictator' theories that are going around cause they said the same damn thing about Clinton in the 1990s and Bush. I am just TIRED, tired of fools thinking that dark events are going to happen. I ALSO love how some ignorant fools think that Alex Jones is a NEWS SOURCE... when he's clearly to myself and others; batshit insane. Reptilian aliens from V anyone? Me thinks Alex Jones has watched too much V while high.

Maybe it's cause I look at things logically and analyze whether or not it's real or not and most times what I hear comes up as pure, grade A horse shit in my brain.

(V- a 1980's NBC miniseries and TV show that was about reptilian aliens disguising themselves as humans in order to invade Earth- at first claiming to be of peace. I am a fan of V yes, but I know what is real and not- V was also rebooted by ABC TV in 2009 and cancelled in early 2011.)

I am just tired... tired of this crap. I get a lot of it from friends of mine who smoke too much pot and those who ardent supporters of Ron Paul. It's no secret Ron Paul has been on Alex Jones' show. Plus, it's no secret around here that I destest Ron Paul with a passion. (I know I am using stereotypes here and for that I do apologize with my whole heart if I offended anyone... it's not my nature to offfend...)

I am sorry to rant, but I just don't know where else to rant about this. I really don't believe in 'false-flag' events and I am not a 9/11 truther who thinks the US Government and Jews were behind it. I hate that crap. This has been driving me nutsy cause some close friends of mine are Ron Paul supporters, or they smoke too much pot and I am just TIRED, tired of hearing this crap.

(Again, another stereotype and I do aplogize for it- like I said- been frustrated lately-)

So, what can I do about this? I mean, are people too wraped up in this '2012' crap that they forget all logic or what? I really am at a loss here.

I am also trying hard, HARD not to offend Ron Paul supporters but hey- the company you keep- IE Alex Jones, John Birch Society, then again- hey- everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I know I risk being flamed with this, but I REALLY am at a loss right now and I don't know what to think. Maybe it's all the '2012' crap and all of the uncertanty for mankind. It's not my nature to offend and if I do, I whole-heartedly apologize and all I want is a mature discussion on this, no flames, no wars and just discussion cause I am at a loss on understanding this crap.

I appreciate ADISC and whaat we have here and if the mods feel like this is a hot football, they can do as they please- delete it or keep it. If they want to delete this, they can and I would be OK with it. I'm REALLY at a loss with all this.

WildThing121675

Although I am one to support freedom of speech, your stereotyping of Ron Paul supporters ticks me off. Oh so suddenly Obama voters cannot think that 9-11 was an inside job? I would vote for Ron Paul (if I could vote) but I don't think that it was an inside job, nor am I a pot-smoker. Stereotyping isn't cool, please don't do it on this site.

If you look at my message, I was trying not to do that and if I failed to do so I apologize. I do not want to offend but have a mature, MATURE discussion about this crap. I am not trying to stereotype. It is hard to avoid that sometimes and for that I do aplologize. My stereotype comes from knowing Paul supporters of this type PERSONALLY.

I just am sick of CONSPIRACY THEORIES. That was the message I was getting across. I am trying hard not to stereotype but sometimes it is hard. To Paul supporters, I am TRYING NOT TO OFFEND.

Sometimes it's easier for some of us to fall on old habits.

Keep that in mind here, as I want this to be a mature disucssion and open. I know I risk a lot on this but I am sick of conspiracy theories. REALLY sick of them.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    If you look at my message, I was trying not to do that and if I failed to do so I apologize. I do not want to offend but have a mature, MATURE discussion about this crap. I am not trying to stereotype. It is hard to avoid that sometimes and for that I do aplologize. My stereotype comes from knowing Paul supporters of this type PERSONALLY.

I just am sick of CONSPIRACY THEORIES. That was the message I was getting across. I am trying hard not to stereotype but sometimes it is hard. To Paul supporters, I am TRYING NOT TO OFFEND.

Sometimes it's easier for some of us to fall on old habits.

Keep that in mind here, as I want this to be a mature disucssion and open. I know I risk a lot on this but I am sick of conspiracy theories. REALLY sick of them.

WildThing121675
    From your general character I assume you're not intentionally trying to offend anyone. However, the semi-rambling nature of your post frequently looping back to Ron Paul on every complaint you have, the hostile tone and the frequent use of caps could easily give the impression to a reader that you're trying to stereotype and mock Ron Paul supporters, however well meant your intentions were.

I suggest you sit back, take a breather, calm down, and post in the thread again when you're in not in a hyped up state. Your posts are usually very rational and the reasoning quite logical, this reads like quite the opposite.

Note to everyone else: Please wait until things have calmed down a bit before responding angrily (preferably don't respond like that at all.) Once the shaky start is rectified this could still be resolved into a mature discussion instead of a flame war.

The reason I have such issues is because I have had a LOT of fights. I mean, a lot of arguements with Ron Paul supporters who are consipracy theorists and I really don't understand why both tend to play a hand to things. That's all. I know I may have over-reacted and for that I turly do apologize. It just gets tiresome hearing things and things that to me- Just aren't real. Maybe it's myself as a person... I don't know. OR- there are things there that we're not supposed to know..

I know I risk a lot and for that I do aplogize, its just that I don't understand alot of this end-of-the-world mentality that is going on since I feel like my life has gotten better. I feel like I am where I am supposed to be yet I also think these fears mean that I MIGHT lose what I have and given I'm from a lower-class part of America- I worry about my family too.

Maybe some of it has to do with what I chalk up to the weirdness of society right now. It has never been my intention to offend or upset. I know Ron Paul supporters are a unique breed and i appalud that.

I never want to offend people cause it's not my nature.

Sometimes I may say things I don't mean.

I think a lot of it is cause I REALLY don't understand a lot of what's going on in this world and it's bothering me a bit. Maybe it's my conservative right-wing Christian upbringing, maybe it's the fact I have known a lot of stereotypical people in my life. For that, I REALLY apologize from the bottom of my heart. I never wish to offend.

All I know is this, I just want to UNDERSTAND WHY there is so much craziness in this world right now. If that offends someone I do apologize.. It's never my intention to start wars. Just try to understand some stuff.... that's all.

WildThing121675

WT, I'm with you on this. I've been seeing some of the crazy conspiracies coming out of the right after this healthcare ruling, and it's kind of scary. I mean, they're saying that the Obama administration has dirt on John Roberts and blackmailed him into writing a pro-Obamacare ruling. I've seen the "dictatorial president" theories (that did come out during the end of the Bush years as well). It's damn tiring, to be honest. And it seems like many Ron Paul supporters are at the forefront of some goofy conspiracy theories, especially around the gold standard.

And don't sweat it. You went out of your way to state that you're hearing this crap from people you know, which is far different than saying all Ron Paul supporters smoke too much and are conspiracy nuts. I think those that are taking offense (note that I said I think, not stating as fact) are doing so because you've struck a bit close to home for them.

If you were offended by WT's post, I would ask you to take a moment, re-read it, and then consider why you're offended.

Well, in regards to something happening at the London 2012 Olympics, I'm personally voting for David Tenant saving the world from an alien that wants to capture us all in a drawing of the Earth. Also Papua New Guinea is supposed to do really well in the shot putt, but I digress.

As to the conspiracy theorists themselves, why give them a moment of your time? I'm not offended because in the end, nothing a conspiracy theorist has brought to my attention has ever explained why I can't find a roommate who isn't a drug addict, a convicted felon, or in some other way mentally or socially defunct.

I like dr. paul for many of his policy's, but i don't want him to be president. And many of his followers are crazy at times. But in the modern day of politics, who does not have some crazies in their camp?

What bugs me is the tons of people online that post and are always talking about how america is a police state. I just don't get how people can not grasp reality and think in such extremes.

Honestly there is nothing we can do about conspiracy theorists, as long as there is doubt in the world, there will always be someone to say "Well this is why it happened"

I just laugh off most conspiracies and even some conspiracies I believe in. I am betting you do too, if you go through them all. For example I have beliefs that the JFK assassination had government interaction or that we did not land on the moon when we say we did. I do believe we did, but at that time with the Russians and all, we needed something to keep everyone calm. (Note I have never touched pot in my life.)

Are some of the conspiracies out there just plain stupid? sure. But I'm not going to make wild accusations about someone else, because they believe in them. I say just let people believe what they want to believe and not let anything as simple as this to ruin your day.

Well, the JFK assassination was done at the hands of the CIA and the Federal Reserve because JFK did not want to go through the CIA's actions on Cuba and the Fed's endless printing of debt-based money. Such an action from the CIA that was very dangerous at the magnitude of the Reichstag fire that Hitler staged to blame the Communists and put in forth a dictatorial empire with the freedoms in the Weimar Constitution struck down by Hitler's Enabling Act which allowed Hitler to pass laws without authority from the Reichstag. That is called Operation Northwoods, a declassified document that called for the CIA to stage numerous terror attacks on American land to justify war with Cuba.