Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Double diapers?

Default Double diapers?

I've seen loads of people referring to wearing multiple diapers at once, why? I see the point as far as the bulk but I can't see the first overflowing into the second and magically making it last longer, now cloth diapers fair enough but why disposables? Isn't that just a waste? Why not just cloth over a disposable?

Or have missed something pretty simple here?

I dunno, just feel special I guess. By the way you don't let it overflow, you make a slit in the
    first diaper and that makes the "fluids"*rolls eyes*run into the second. With cloth over a disposable
    you'd still need to wear plastic pants over it, and I don't know if everyone would like that.
    And of course the diapers last equally as long but because there's two... You can do the math.

Hope this helps,
    Fox

I agree with you, Lilsteve. Because the waterproof layer is integrated, disposable diapers are meant to be worn one at a time. Babies don't wear one on top of the other, and neither do I. If your diaper isn't absorbent enough or leaks, don't wear two, just get a better diaper!

Post Misunderstood...

Quote Originally Posted by ultrapampers View Post
    I agree with you, Lilsteve. Because the waterproof layer is integrated, disposable diapers are meant to be worn one at a time. Babies don't wear one on top of the other, and neither do I. If your diaper isn't absorbent enough or leaks, don't wear two, just get a better diaper!
    Did you even attempt to read...
    It's all about that bulk, which isn't standard in diapers these days.
    That super absorbent polymer thingie or whatever these fancy people
    words are. Are used to make diapers less thick, and by doubling up you get a nice thick and long lasting diaper. :3

I can't judge cloth, never used it. But as you see, it's not about bad diapers
    it's about (very)thick ones and making them even thicker.

Fox

ps.: It is also a punishing method to some, to extend time
    between changing periods*squints at boyfriend*

Actually, you have overlooked something simple. Some people cut a hole in the first diaper, and when it's full, it overflows into the second. This allows them to wear "one" diaper for much longer. It still takes two diapers though. I personally wear a cloth diaper over my disposable often. Mostly to catch any leaks, and also for extra comfort/bulk.

BabyPikachu

Well, most disposable diapers on the market anymore are for the wearers "Peace of Mind" meaning nobody can tell your wearing them. I beleive It dramaticly takes away your absorbancy level, no matter what the package may claim. As far as bulk, people like doubling up to make it almost impossible to close your legs together. I actually tend to do it from time to time, its quite fun. I see your point on it not "Flowing into the second" but that is why you cut slits into the diaper to make the urine drain slowly into the second.

Now for a cloth over a disposable, man talk about insane amount of bulkyness. Would it be super absorbant? Heck yeah it would! but you would still need plastic pants to go over the cloth diaper for when you finally manage to soak it.

As UltraPampers stated, Unless you really really want to double up to create so much bulk, just buy a quality diaper that will work well for what you intend to do with it. Doubling up really is more for the "Kicks" someone gets out of it.

one example might be goodnites. widely available (and by widely i mean EVERYWHERE... in the us) and relatively cheap, but low absorbency. you can put one on, cut some slits lengthwise in the diaper, and put another one on over it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSparkyFox View Post
    I dunno, just feel special I guess. By the way you don't let it overflow, you make a slit in the
    first diaper and that makes the "fluids"*rolls eyes*run into the second. With cloth over a disposable
    you'd still need to wear plastic pants over it, and I don't know if everyone would like that.
    And of course the diapers last equally as long but because there's two... You can do the math.

Hope this helps,
    Fox
    Ok I see a few advantages but if you cut the first open when the first is saturated wouldn't that slow down the obsorbtion plus you'd get polymer everywhere!!!!!!

I have only doubled up if I accidentally tear a whole or something in the first one... Its REALLY bulky and can get really hot, so I don't typically wear more than one. Plus I was buying Abena X-plus so they are a bit expensive too... I bought some level 3 ones and they are not too bad..

Might I suggest you save some money on using two diapers at once, and simply invest in some stuffers? They add substantial bulk to the crotch area(Where most people are wanting extra), and also boost absorbency often more than doubling.