Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodnites - Am I not getting something?

Default Goodnites - Am I not getting something?

So I see a lot of people who praise Godnites for their comfort. I'm just not getting it. I'm not that big (size 30-32 and under 130 lbs), and have seen much larger people claim to fit comfortably in them. Well, on the seat and sides I will admit that they are very snug and comfy, but in the front they just have no room for my, er, manstuff, and it really ruins the comfort around the rest of my waist. I don't get how anyone can stand it. Granted, I bought the girls Goodnites because I read that they are more absorbant, but I've seen people say they work about the same, or would the boys be a bit more forgiving in that area? I can barely get myself to wet because of the tight space. So is this the general experience people have with them and they just suffer through it, or just my bad luck?

I would say bad luck probably, though, from the measurements you gave, I'm a bit smaller than you around the waist, and also about 10 lbs. lighter.

GoodNites are meant to be snug all the way through the crotch just like underwear, and are for kids, so yeah, there's really not enough room there for a fully developed male. Even among those here who wear them often, GoodNites seem to score pretty poorly for usability. I think they're fun, but they are awfully leak-prone, as when one's "bits" don't quite fit, the leak guards tend not to be able to do their job!

This is one reason why, on a large/adult person, I think a Pampers diaper is likely to be more functional (still very far from great). Unlike GoodNites, the slightly smaller diapers actually have a much wider crotch (because they're meant to be pooped in), and so they tend to be a bit more accommodating.

Not saying you should go buy Pampers, but rather that what you're experiencing makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    GoodNites are meant to be snug all the way through the crotch just like underwear, and are for kids, so yeah, there's really not enough room there for a fully developed male. Even among those here who wear them often, GoodNites seem to score pretty poorly for usability. I think they're fun, but they are awfully leak-prone, as when one's "bits" don't quite fit, the leak guards tend not to be able to do their job!

This is one reason why, on a large/adult person, I think a Pampers diaper is likely to be more functional (still very far from great). Unlike GoodNites, the slightly smaller diapers actually have a much wider crotch (because they're meant to be pooped in), and so they tend to be a bit more accommodating.

Not saying you should go buy Pampers, but rather that what you're experiencing makes perfect sense.
    Thanks. Pretty much what I was thinking, but while reading about people's experiences I kept hearing about how fun they were to wear and never noticed anyone complain about this, so I just wanted to check.

lilstinkybutt

I don't think they're more fun to wear, but I like big crinkly diapers. Goodnites are nice for wearing stealthy if you have parents/roommates you don't want finding out. Provided they aren't prone to grabbing your butt you can wear goodnites under your clothes and no one will notice.

I find they're quite comfortable, and they fit me reasonably well (34-36"). They're snug but they can still stretch quite a bit while I wear them. They also seem to absorb reasonably well, if I don't overdo it and I'm not on my side. They're supposed to be snug, but I think there are other measurements that factor in besides just waist size, which is why people have such diverse experiences with them. The distance from back to front around the crotch, leg measurements, and hip size are common variables, but I don't know what it is about my measurements that makes them fit me.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy26 View Post
    Well, on the seat and sides I will admit that they are very snug and comfy, but in the front they just have no room for my, er, manstuff, and it really ruins the comfort around the rest of my waist. I don't get how anyone can stand it. Granted, I bought the girls Goodnites because I read that they are more absorbant, but I've seen people say they work about the same, or would the boys be a bit more forgiving in that area?
    I do know the boys' Goodnites are supposed to be shaped to better suit male anatomy, but Im not sure if that's only with respect to absorbency (e.g. thicker area in the front than on the bottom), of it it's absorbency AND fit.

Personally I like a tight fit, so I'm okay with that part of them

They leak too fast, but work exceptionally well when worn as stuffer under a regular diaper

Thanks, but right now I'm only in a position to get diapers from a store (moved back with my parents for a while). The only other diaper I've tried is the Walgreens brand, which is OK but always seemed to leak just as my bladder was nearing its empty point (when I tried wetting on a full bladder).

While on the subject, what would you guys recommend as the best thing I can buy in a store, both the best normal diaper and the best pullup (don't know why, but I like the idea of pullups). Thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by someguy26; 29-Jun-2012 at 02:04.

Goodnites fit me decently, considering that I have a 34" waist. However, I have the same problem that you do, not having enough room in the front. To solve that, I pull the goodnite down just a little to leave a little space for my bits and pieces. :P